Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help! Searched Forum With No Luck! Siri on Jailbroken Iphone?!?!

Default Please Help! Searched Forum With No Luck! Siri on Jailbroken Iphone?!?!
    Hey everyone. I searched the forums numerous times but could not find an answer to my question. I have an Iphone 4 with Verizon currently on IOS 7.1.2

I have a hard time living without Siri so my question is how can I get Siri on my phone? I jailbroke the phone successfuly with Pangu and currently have Cydia. I tried the repo.siriport.ru and after installing it I ran into a problem a lot of people have. My phone would not restart it was just stuck on the apple logo. I am guessing that port no longer works or does it and I just did something wrong?

Basically Im begging anyone who knows how I can get SIri on my Iphone 4. If there is some miracle way to do it without jailbreaking Im all for it but like I said my phone is jailbroken and ready to go! PLEASE can someone give me the necessary steps to get this done? Thank you so much for your help!

...You are "one of the million" who stuck on the Apple logo trying to enable Siri on iPhone 4...you can find thousand web pages with people having the same problem as You do...I would forget abouit Siri on iPhone 4...

...btw, You could put in the title that you are looking for Siri on iPhone 4...
    Last edited by zabrljanje; 2015-03-16 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Found this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2015-03-16)

Hey blkcadi! How have you been? Thank you so much for that video... just one quick question. Do you know of anyone who has tried this method and it worked? I am going to give it a shot here in a few minutes but wasn't sure if you knew how successful this way really was? Thanks again and hope all is well with you!

Thanks

Not really sure it works, but watching the vid and it also being recently posted gives me hope.

I've been well thanks, and you?

Im doing well thank you. Ran into a problem with this though. I searched like the video said but cannot seem to find the one they want me to download. I will keep searching but just in case it doesn't work do you or does anyone else have any other suggestions that may work? With it being jailbroken I have to believe that there is a way to get Siri on the Iphone 4.

Worst case if I have to lets say download an App that may work does anyone know of an App or even something from Cydia that if I cannot get Siri will at least let me get the little microphone you see when you are sending a text for example. The mic you can click on and use the VOICE TO TEXT feature. To be honest thats the main reason I want Siri. I know there are apps that allow you to use Voice to text, but what I really want is to have the access to that little microphone when sending a text message.

If there is an alternative way to get that at least for now I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Thanks

If you look at the thing he downloads in the video it comes from a non-default repo.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2015-03-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    If you look at the thing he downloads in the video it comes from a non-default repo.
    What does that mean exactly Zokunei? You saying it can still work and its there I just need to search more to find it?

Thanks

The one in the video is a pirate repo. Try this one: bassamkassem.myrepospace.com
    Search for [Ac!d]Siri-7.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2015-03-16)

Okay I did that and I downloaded it but now when I hit Reboot Device the phone is stuck loading on the Apple logo which is no good. Besides restoring the phone and losing my jailbreak is there any other way to get it out of this frozen apple logo mode?

Sorry to interrupt, but I have never seen ...anywhere....that SIRI worked fine on iPhone 4. I know it's disappointing, but I think you should forget it.

DFU mode and restore to 7.1.2.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2015-03-16), zabrljanje (2015-03-16)

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Sorry to interrupt, but I have never seen ...anywhere....that SIRI worked fine on iPhone 4. I know it's disappointing, but I think you should forget it.

DFU mode and restore to 7.1.2.
    Well thank you for your honesty I guess. To be honest I am shocked there is no way to get Siri on Iphone 4 considering how advanced jailbreaking is these days but I know I may have to face the fact. With that said do you or anyone else know how I can get the microphone for voice to text when Im sending a text message for example? THere has to be a way whether its downloading an App or using something on Cydia. Anyone know?!

Thanks

7.1.2 is jailbreakble on an iPhone 4. Pangu will work.

Thanks

I think there's a separate package on that repo for dictation if you want to try that.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2015-03-16)

Thanks

Perhaps time to update to a newer device buddy.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

zabrljanje (2015-03-16)

The one in the video is a pirate repo. Try this one: bassamkassem.myrepospace.com
    Search for [Ac!d]Siri-7.
    I may try this one more time but can I make sure I am clear on the steps? First go into cydia and add the bassamkassem source? After I add that I search for [Ac!d]Siri-7 and install it right? After that do you know if I need to do anything else? Please let me know so I can be sure to do it right this time instead of locking and freezing my phone. Thanks a lot Zokunei!

Thanks

Watching the vid, it seems it adds an new icon to your screen that you hit/open and it installs the Siri settings.

Thanks

You have the steps right except I would try installing [Ac!d]Dictation-iOS 7.0.x instead of [Ac!d]Siri-7 to see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Watching the vid, it seems it adds an new icon to your screen that you hit/open and it installs the Siri settings.
    Not sure what you mean or are talking about to be honest. Im still a little stuck on the steps to make this work. What I have done so far is in Cydia I added the bassamkassem source and now I was going to install the [Ac!d]Siri-7 but I havent yet because I am not sure. Is that the next and last step you think? I just want to be sure because I dont want to freeze it on the apple logo so I have to restore yet again.

You have the steps right except I would try installing [Ac!d]Dictation-iOS 7.0.x instead of [Ac!d]Siri-7 to see if that works.
    I was going to try that but a message came up that said the modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies.....

So I guess my only option is the [Ac!d]Siri-7 right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast