Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken ip6 can't access settings iOS 8.1.2

Default Jailbroken ip6 can't access settings iOS 8.1.2
    I installed a tweak didn't like it u installed. Since then I have not been able to access setting unless I reboot with volume up. The thing is I can't access my Curia tweaks this way.

I tried dfu mode in iTunes but they wanted me to upgrade. So cancelled.

I'm itchy to update phone but I like the jb better.

I have no access to winterboard either

Is there a way to delete Cydia and rejb? I tried a rejb from taig as I used it last but version 1.2 I think. I cannot read the screen as in a foreign language am I doing something wrong? I tried rejb after reboot /volume up and dfu no go

Any answers would be appreciated thanks

Can you enter safe mode?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you have the iCleaner Pro tweak (Cydia), you can turn off 1 tweak at a time to isolate the issue, and also clear the cache.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-14)

...maybe I do not understand you completely...if you boot your iPhone while holding volume +, you will enter safe mode...from that point, you should be able to delete the latest tweak you have installed...

...other options could be iLEX R.A.T or semi-restore but it could happen that you have to do clean restore...there is no guarantees for that...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zabrljanje For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2015-03-13)

I have entered safe mode before but it was random. I'm not sure how to cause safe mode sometimes my phone reboots 3 times in a row b4 it stays.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (2015-03-16), vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-14), zabrljanje (2015-03-13)

^ for you yes I can delete my Cydia apps that was but couldn't I just uninstall from Cydia app

..ok, when You enter safe mode

Hold power and Home button until the screen goes black then remove finger from home while continuing to hold power. Once you see the Apple logo-hold the volume up button until the springboard loads
    , try to delete latest tweak You have installed...

EDIT: Sorry, little bit late

Just delete one by one and, hopefully, You will resolve that issue...
    Last edited by zabrljanje; 2015-03-13 at 11:42 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zabrljanje For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-14)

Not sure I understand you correctly, but when you enter safe mode, all Cydia tweaks are disabled, so you can't enter Cydia and delete latest tweaks and see if it helps.....
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2015-03-13 at 11:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Not sure I understand you correctly, but when you enter safe mode, all Cydia tweaks are disabled, so you can't enter Cydia and delete latest tweaks and see if it helps.....
    Yup, Kills all Substrate.

Cheers. MY be a bit but I'll check walking the dog. Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zabrljanje View Post

...other options could be iLEX R.A.T or semi-restore but it could happen that you have to do clean restore...there is no guarantees for that...
    I would stay away from iLex as it typically causes you to restore. Not sure it has been updated to work like it used to on iOS 7.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

zabrljanje (2015-03-13)

...it has been updated but I agree with You 100% ...it was just "listing" of options but, personally, I do not like it at all...so many times, the final result is restore...
    Last edited by zabrljanje; 2015-03-14 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks

Me personally I would use iCleaner Pro method as I posted above to isolate the tweak that is causing the issue, then delete and clear cache.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zabrljanje View Post
    ...it has been updated but I agree with You 100% :
    Then one would think they would have updated there web site to show the update. I have read more horror stories then success's with iOS 8.x.x.
    iLex Rat - Restore jailbroken iPhone or iPad back to original state

...they haven't updated there web site but, on the official repo, they are presenting this tweak and claim to work on iOS 8...
    ...obviously it is better not to be in situation that iLEX is the latest option...

...but, anyway, it is always best way to remove latest tweak and clear cache...as You wrote it...

This will let me re jailbreak

...no...once again, it is the BEST to stay away from iLEX if You don't have to a do what @blkcadi, @bbrks told You...

...it is big chance that You'll end up with restore and You will lose jailbreak...

...this was just talk about all options and the best way is safe mode, remove tweak, use iCleaner pro and clear the cache...

Idt I'm gonna try that last one. Thanks

Ok so I updated to iOS 8.2. Lol. Lost jailbreak but

I installed a Cydia tweak when I was jail broken to show my bank balance in Notification Center under today tab. I thought when I updated it would delete tweak but it is still there

Was I wrong thinking it is a Cydia tweak or does the App Store have an app like that

Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast