Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ilexrat iOS 8.1.2

Default Ilexrat iOS 8.1.2
    So was able to get a brand new 32gb iPhone 5s for a very good price (iPhone 6 and 6+ seem too big for my hands) and it came with iOS 8.1.2 on it. Jailbroke it with taig and restored from a backup, but this left a lot of my apps greyed out and stuck on "waiting". So used ilexrat iOS 8 to attempt to restore and keep my jailbreak given the signing window for 8.1.2 is closed. Went well and got the restoring bar. Then screen went black and got stuck in a boot loop. Windows and Mac wouldn't see the device unless I put it into DFU mode and ended up having to restore to iOS 8.1.3. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem. Now stuck jailed on iOS 8.1.3 and not pleased at all. Just a warning that ilexrat may not work on iOS 8.1.2. Hope there's a JB on the way so I can get back all the tweaks I'm missing. C'est la vie

Did you turn off your passcode, before starting with iLex?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Heard this same story a couple times with iLex, haven't tried it myself but my son used Semi-restore on his 6+ and had no issues.
    Too late now I know, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Did you turn off your passcode, before starting with iLex?
    Didn't have a passcode on it. Nor did I have touch id set up. Bit annoyed but stock iOS 8 isn't too bad actually. Much better than previous iterations

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Heard this same story a couple times with iLex, haven't tried it myself but my son used Semi-restore on his 6+ and had no issues.
    Too late now I know, sorry.
    Maybe just luck of the draw. Guess anything jailbreak related could fail. Just want to get this issue out in case someone else falls foul of the glitch
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-02-22 at 07:52 PM.

Well, unfortunately, there is never 100% guarantee it will work. But anyway, good to know.

yeah unfortunately ilex is a risky tool. i personally believe it does work in certain situations, but i do feel it depends on the situation. if you think about what it actually has to do, it is a complex process/task. I have had mixed results with it, dating back to the ios 6 JB. I once had good luck with a manual restore.. there is a decent guide floating around somewhere if you google it (for future reference, obviously). from my experience, i tend to lose my carrier info with these types of restores.. such that my phone has no service (not just a lack of signal, but literally as if it has no cellular service hooked up). This is the most common error i run into myself, which i think can be fixed somehow, but ive always tested these methods when a JB-able ios is still signing, so always just restored when the semi methods failed.
    sry to hear ur bad news though

EDIT: also, ive learned from previous mistakes that it is usually best to restore the backup completely first, then run the JB. in all honesty, try not to even restore a backup.. i feel its always best to set up as new device, that way you are sure to clear out any corrupt plists or other jb-related files that can inadvertently be carried from one backup to the next
    Last edited by michaelrw; 2015-02-22 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    yeah unfortunately ilex is a risky tool. i personally believe it does work in certain situations, but i do feel it depends on the situation. if you think about what it actually has to do, it is a complex process/task. I have had mixed results with it, dating back to the ios 6 JB. I once had good luck with a manual restore.. there is a decent guide floating around somewhere if you google it (for future reference, obviously). from my experience, i tend to lose my carrier info with these types of restores.. such that my phone has no service (not just a lack of signal, but literally as if it has no cellular service hooked up). This is the most common error i run into myself, which i think can be fixed somehow, but ive always tested these methods when a JB-able ios is still signing, so always just restored when the semi methods failed.
    sry to hear ur bad news though

EDIT: also, ive learned from previous mistakes that it is usually best to restore the backup completely first, then run the JB. in all honesty, try not to even restore a backup.. i feel its always best to set up as new device, that way you are sure to clear out any corrupt plists or other jb-related files that can inadvertently be carried from one backup to the next
    Ah well. It's done now and I'm jailed for the moment. Fingers crossed for a jailbreak soon but as I said stock iOS is eminently usable at the mo but I miss my tweaks! Esp anchor and ccsystemstatus