Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in boot loop

Default Stuck in boot loop
    Ok so first of all. Just for the record. I did search this and couldn't find anything that exactly related to this dilemma. So I put a new screen on my i5S on 8.1.1 jb with Pangu, and after I put the new screen on it's stuck in a boot loop. Sometimes it stops and I get a blue screen for few seconds, but then it goes back to the boot loop. I tried connecting to iTunes and it wont discover the phone. I also tried putting it into dfu mode many many times and it won't take. Does anybody have any suggestions, besides hitting the genius bar?
    Moving Shadow

Likely hardware since it only happened after replacing the screen. Is it OEM or a copy? Try re-opening and reseating all the contacts. If it's not a genuine apple screen the Genius Bar will maybe not touch it given you've voided your warranty by opening the phone yourself. If it's an apple screen then they'll be unlikely be able to tell its been opened so you could try your luck

Yes I tried reseating all the connections and power cycling the battery many times. It's such a weird thing. I really don't know why it's doing this and the thing that really bothers me is that iTunes wont recognize the phone
    Moving Shadow