Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8 Mod/Tweak Requests/Suggestions (LANDSCAPE MODE ESPECIALLY)

Thanks
    Default iOS 8 Mod/Tweak Requests/Suggestions (LANDSCAPE MODE ESPECIALLY)
    What's up ModderEffers?!?

I've been fiddling with my recently Jailbroken iPhone 6 Plus, and I noticed a couple of areas that could use some attention and since I don't know where else to post these, I'm hoping they'll get some attention here.

1.) Music Landscape Mode - the stock iOS Music App rotates into CoverFlow as opposed to a landscape view of whatever you're listening to (library, album, playlist), which is really annoying when you have your device fixed to a dashboard. So, I'd love to see a mod to address removing CoverFlow, enabling rotation into landscape view of the Music App UI, as well as oversized controls to Play/Pause, Previous and Next buttons. I tried DisableCoverFlow7, and that merely disables rotating the Music App at all.

2.) No Dock Labels - I have removed my dock background, and disabled the labels on my dock. When I rotate into landscape view, the labels are back. Now, this isn't a HUGE issue or a dealbreaker by any means. I have a goal of having a neat, tidy and clutter free homescreen, so I'd love to see a fix to Winterboard's "No Docked Icon Labels" or even a tweak available in Cydia to address the landscape dock labels. Call me picky, it's perfectly okay! =P

3.) FullFolder - This is a touchy subject, because I'm looking to see someone expand the abilities and features of a mod that already exists or have someone take the core of what the mod does and create a new mod adding in the features I'm looking for. I've reached out to the author of FullFolder and have yet to hear back from them, so I'll put this request out to other devs. What FullFolder has done is enabled me to see 40 apps on 1 folder page, I have about 90 apps so that requires swiping between pages. FullFolder, awesome as it may be, lacks landscape functionality, causing your apps to cluster together. There is no vertical scrolling or swiping feature either. Below is a list of improvements or modifications I'd like to see in FullFolder or similar mod, which is more like an App Launcher or App Drawer.

- No limit to the number of applications stored in the App Drawer.
    - The ability to enable or disable folders within the App Drawer.
    - Applications and folders in alphabetical order.
    - Landscape orientation for the App Drawer.
    - Vertical scrolling as opposed to iOS swiping left to tight /right to left gestures.
    - The ability to customize your App Drawer Icon.

For a detailed view of what FullFolder can do, here is the link to what I've done to theme my iPhone 6 Plus, including the above requests -- http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...t=Dan+Solo+FTW -- so whose got the skills to make this happen?

Sidenote, I'm aware of Fr0st working on an app launcher called "Drawer", it's in BETA right now but it crashed my phone. And it's too Android like, what I'm asking for still has a very iOS feel and look to it.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Solo
    Last edited by Dan Solo FTW; 2015-01-20 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks

I know this doesn't answer your question, but what did you use to remove your dock background?

Thanks
    That would be DockShift.-imageuploadedbymodmyi1421720104.815260.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan Solo FTW For This Useful Post:

mwcoexec (2015-01-20)