Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iOS App Drawer/Launcher Workaround

Thanks
    Default Jailbroken iOS App Drawer/Launcher Workaround
    I had an HTC One M7 for all of 4 months before I made the jump back to an iPhone 4S. One of the things I loved about Android was how tidy the homescreen was. Sure, you had a widget or two and a few favorite apps on the main homescreen, but everything else was tucked neatly into the Android App Launcher. I've been waiting patiently for someone to bring this to Apple's attention, sadly I'll be waiting for a long time. So I searched and searched and found a workaround. Using FullFolder, FolderIcons (iOS 8), DockShift and Infinidock, I was able to mock up an iOS App Drawer.

With the combination of DockShift, Infinidock and FolderIcons, I made a five icon dock with my App Drawer Icon in the center.

-homesceen_5_icon_dock.png

Using FolderIcons is straightforward; hold your folder icon like you would to move it or rename it and a little gear pops up in the upper left corner of the icon.

-foldericons_settings_initiation.png

By tapping the gear you'll be brought to a menu that allows you to change the foreground and background of the folder icon.

-foldericons_options.png

The background menu allows you to change the color of the background or the border color surrounding the blank canvas background.

-foldericons_background_options.png

The foreground menu has a few default icons to choose from. I added the Punisher, Captain America, Deadpool and Android App Launcher icons myself. You can add your own icons and backgrounds to the FolderIcons Media folder using Open SSH and CyberDuck. I used pngs found on Google, then used Photoshop to resize the pngs to 60x60 pixels, but you can choose your own sizes.

-foldericons_foreground_options.png

Thanks
    Fullfolder settings are found in the Settings app. There are a few more options than my screenshot shows, but for this tutorial I'm displaying only what I used. I've opted to hide the folder name, since all of my applications will be in the App Drawer it seemed appropriate. Also, disabling the Tap to Close will save a lot of time and frustration while alphabetizing your apps. Next you'll click the Resolution option and it's pretty simple to figure these options out. Choose the resolution based on your device model, then edit the Icon Rows and Columns until you find your desired layout. (For some odd reason, the site wouldn't allow me to upload screenshots for these options).

By using an 8 Row by 5 Column layout in Fullfolder, I'm able to see 40 applications per folder page.

-fullfolder_5_column_8_row_layout.png

Cons:
    Considering this is a hodge podge of tweaks combined, there are a couple snafus I'd like to share.

Fullfolder doesn't have landscape capability, causing your apps to cluster together. There is no vertical scrolling or swiping feature either.

-fullfolder_landscape_glitch.png

Infinidock or DockShift causes a glitch in landscape orientation, where the dock clusters the apps together horizontally. Not sure which is the culprit at this point.

-landscape_dock_glitch.png

Below is a list of features that I'd like to see in an iOS App Drawer or Launcher.

- The ability to enable or disable folders within the App Drawer.
    - Applications and folders in alphabetical order.
    - Landscape orientation for the App Drawer.
    - Vertical scrolling as opposed to iOS swiping left to tight /right to left gestures.
    - The ability to customize your App Drawer Icon, eliminating the need for FolderIcons (iOS 8), or somehow integrate the tweak into the App Drawer code itself.

For those who have been looking for an iOS App Drawer, it's my hope that this will be an acceptable workaround until we finally have a legit App Drawer in Cydia.

Thanks for stopping by,
    Dan Solo

P.S. - The icon theme I used (aside from the 4 that I made for FolderIcons) is Aelon iOS 8, specifically the Glyphs.
    Last edited by Dan Solo FTW; 2015-01-18 at 12:51 AM. Reason: left something out

Thanks

Hey man add this repo

Fr0st Cydia Repository

And there is a tweak called "drawer", still in beta but pretty awesome and very similar to android app drawer.

Pics:

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1421539806.732426.jpg

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1421539820.304389.jpg

Thanks
    Splatty,

That looks awesome. I have fr0st's repo saved already. I'm waiting for a stable release. It crashed me into safe mode 2 days ago. I wish I had a way to get in touch with fr0st, he didn't reply to a tweet I sent him. That's the only way I could contact him.

Thank you though, I will be keeping an eye on this.

- Solo