Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost password... turn off find my iphone?

Angry Lost password... turn off find my iphone?
    Hi everyone and happy holidays.

I've come upon a fairly annoying issue. My grandma (bless her heart) has upgraded phones from her i5 to a new i6. Don't ask me why in the world she needs a smartphone lol. She wants to trade in her old i5 for store credit. However, according to her, the att store won't accept it until she has logged out of her icloud account. Here's the annoying part.

Being an old lady and all, her memory isn't what it used to be and she has not only forgotten her iCloud account password, but also has forgotten the correct answers to her security questions, the password to the email account which she could recover her password with, and also the answers to the security questions for that email account. Jeez, grandma. Now we can (and will) keep trying to guess one of the above but it isn't looking good.

I know that in most cases trying to turn off find my iphone or remove an icloud account without the password would seem to be with criminal intent, but that is not the case here. Are there any good ways to go about removing the icloud account without determining the password? Via a jailbreak maybe? Or maybe someone has a trick to help us figure out her password? The phone is on 8.1.

Thanks for any and all help.

- Matt

Not sure and I wouldn't post it on here anyway. Best bet might be to bring her to an apple store and see what they can do. Google might be useful.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^Agree, take it to Apple.

I'm guessing it's her iTunes password so can't u change the password on iTunes they will send to her e-mail a temp password ?? Might be worth ago