Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Send SMS from docked Iphone through PC

Default Send SMS from docked Iphone through PC
    Well the thread name says it all !

I want to know if there is an application out there that will allow me to send a sms etc from within my computer via a docked Iphone.

Does such a program exist and whats its name!?

Thanks

Andy

(One thing thats been annoying me about the iphone is the poor sound quality of playback of mp3s and the stupid slot for the headphone jack, which only seems to fit certain models of headphones :@)

Hey guys comeon! Help me!
    Last edited by renegadeandy; 2008-03-25 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can use iPhone PC Suite. Search the board for it. I'ved done just what you mentioned. I have my phone connected to my PC and have searched my contacts to send a text. The only downside is that there is a character limit but no character count. So if you send a really long text it comes in chunks to the other person.

It also won't add any replies to your text window. So it looks like google talk but you don't see the person's reply. You have to look at your phone for it. Otherwise it's a great piece of software.

My phone appears to stuggle installing the 0.11 daemon from iphone pc suite.... it just says press ok to restart iphone, and it doesnt restart.

restarting manually, doesnt work either, it just keeps saying upgrade the daemon.
    ...any ideas?

Thanks

Try restarting manually through the program. Click the iphone button at the bottom. Then restart from there. See if that works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah, I've had a lot of problems with it too.

The updates suck really bad!

Hey mate!

Send SMS from computer using veency (on cydia)...in fact you can control ur entire iphone from your computer! and check this thread out if you dont wanna do it over wifi (over usb)

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...e-no-wifi.html

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^^ Check the date of the thread man!

03-26-2008