Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible dead iPhone 5, Need Help

Default Possible dead iPhone 5, Need Help
    Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if somebody could help me at all as i am really struggling, I have an iPhone 5 thats jailbroken with Pangu, when i plug it in my macbook detects it in iTunes but i am unable to click on the phone (it is a light grey colour, like it is greyed out) when i try & quit iTunes it freezes (coloured wheel) until i remove the USB, i have tried uninstalling & reinstalling iTunes but still no luck, I am unable to re-jailbreak my phone, it picks it up in the Pangu app but when i pressed "got it" it then just sits on "start jailbreak..." at the top & "Jailbreaking...." at the bottom but no progress is made,

I am unable to update the iPhone software through iTunes or OTA, I am at a loss totally,

Can somebody help?

Thanks

Try another computer....

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

or another Lightning cable and USB port.

I have tried another machine (windows & Mac) when i click update or restore phone it then crashes iTunes & won't let me do anything, i am currently trying my phone in DFU mode & restoring that way

Thanks

Does iTunes see it in Recovery Mode (DFU)?

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Does iTunes see it in Recovery Mode (DFU)?
    Yes it sees it in DFU Mode, currently downloading the 8.1.1 firmware to upgrade & see what happens, it's just strange that iTunes sees it but i can't click on the device so can't sync music etc to it

Thanks

You should use 8.1 if you want to jailbreak it.
    https://ipsw.me/8.1

Set up as new, don't use a back up to restore from.

I downloaded the correct firmware & when i pointed the restore/update to the file it said it wasn't compatible so seeing what iTunes does with the firmware it downloads itself 8.1.1, can always downgrade to 8.1 while it is still being signed, fingers crossed

DFU mode an itunes restore seems to have worked, phone is currently transferring all apps & music back over, will download 8.1 and then try to downgrade & re-jailbreak
    Last edited by t0n3r; 2014-11-24 at 09:12 PM.

ended up putting the phone in DFU mode then restoring to IOS 8.1.1 then upgrade & pointed to IOS 8.1 & now re-jailbroken, everything seems ok,

Getting an error in iTunes when syncing some apps "E80000006" & not sure why?

Thanks

I searched and couldn't find any info on that error number. Wondering if your iPhone itself is the issue.

Perhaps restore, sync back data (music,apps) then jailbreak. If apps will not sync back before jailbreak, then I suggest you go to Apple support page. iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-11-25 at 12:19 AM.

Ive created a new thread about the iTunes error if it helps (with screenshot)

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...ml#post7175257

Thanks

Seems you have an issue with warez from the other post you made in your new thread.

Yup, verified it, it's a pirate repo app to install apps and not pay for them. That's your issue. Remove and pay for the apps.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-11-25 at 12:48 AM.