Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 stuck in recovery mode!!!

Default iPhone 6 stuck in recovery mode!!!
    Decided to JB my iPhone 6 this morning, but knew I needed to do a delete and restore from iTunes since my upgrade to the newest iOS was over the air. Needless to say the phone got unplugged before the setup was complete. I can get the phone to turn off, but it always goes back to the "connect to iTunes" screen. Ran diagnostics through iTunes which says it can't find the iPhone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chansen1313 For This Useful Post:

cuong7107 (2014-11-19)

Your phone is in recovery mode, connect it to iTunes and click on restore. No need for any diagnostics.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Chansen1313 (2014-11-16)

I know this sounds novice, but where do I find that at? I'm using windows, after I connect my phone it makes the connection noise. But when I click on devices, iTunes acts like there's nothing plugged in. Is there a way to override it and do a manual restore? Thanks for your reply and patience with me.

Ok try this, when your phone is connected to your PC. Close iTunes.
    Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. ...
    After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. The iPhone screen will remain black.
    If iTunes does not open automatically, open it yourself and if the popup shows up, click on restore.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Chansen1313 (2014-11-16)

Tried at least a dozen times, and still couldn't get it to recognize the device. Installing iTunes on another PC right now. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help and support. If anything else comes to mind please let me know. Still going to JB after the problem is resolved!

Very strange, I have to admit....what about the cable...do you have another one to try?

Restart your computer, before plugging in ur iphone, it may work, but the DFU mode usually works 95% of the time, its a three step process, it takes longer but the same exact thing happened to me an I worked my way out of it with DFU mode,

1.) Download the required IPSW and save it to your PC/Mac - Make sure you have the right version for your device.iOS 8 IPSW Direct Download Links
    2.) Your phone needs to be in DFU mode to do a DFU mode restore. iTunes will always display the same "phone in recovery mode" message even when it is in DFU mode. The difference when the phone is in actual DFU mode is the screen is blank. I say again, the screen is blank. Nothing displayed. Looks like the phone could be switched off.
    3.) It takes 20 seconds to get an iPhone properly into DFU mode.

Press power button for 3 seconds, continue to press power button and home button simultaneously for another 10 seconds, release power button but continue to hold home button for another 7 seconds... Phone should be in DFU mode.

4.) In iTunes shift/restore and point towards the saved IPSW...make sure you have an Internet connection for the verification process.

Go and make yourself a cup of coffee. When you return your phone will have been restored to 8.1

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sand_man For This Useful Post:

Chansen1313 (2014-11-21), thazsar (2014-11-17)

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    1.) Download the required IPSW and save it to your PC/Mac - Make sure you have the right version for your device.iOS 8 IPSW Direct Download Links
    2.) Your phone needs to be in DFU mode to do a DFU mode restore. iTunes will always display the same "phone in recovery mode" message even when it is in DFU mode. The difference when the phone is in actual DFU mode is the screen is blank. I say again, the screen is blank. Nothing displayed. Looks like the phone could be switched off.
    3.) It takes 20 seconds to get an iPhone properly into DFU mode.

Press power button for 3 seconds, continue to press power button and home button simultaneously for another 10 seconds, release power button but continue to hold home button for another 7 seconds... Phone should be in DFU mode.

4.) In iTunes shift/restore and point towards the saved IPSW...make sure you have an Internet connection for the verification process.

Go and make yourself a cup of coffee. When you return your phone will have been restored to 8.1
    Worked like a charm! I appreciate everyone's help. Unfortunately, Apple released 8.1.1 during that span so I was unable to JB. I did get my iPad tho. Not a total loss. Thanks again and sorry it took so long to get back with y'all.

You can downgrade to 8.1 an jailbreak again, its pretty simple, if u need help help on how i can help u or u can google it the steps

15. The Following User Says Thank You to studderman For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Chansen1313 View Post
    Worked like a charm! I appreciate everyone's help. Unfortunately, Apple released 8.1.1 during that span so I was unable to JB. I did get my iPad tho. Not a total loss. Thanks again and sorry it took so long to get back with y'all.
    yeah, very simple process and Apple is still signing 8.1!!! Do it before the window closes!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but what if, no matter if you're in DFU or recovery modes, it's still not recognizing the iPhone in iTunes? So, no way to shift/restore and point to IPSW.

Than you have a hardware problem....phone, cable, USB port......

Hm. Maybe I'm not doing it right then. In a sleep-deprived stupor I attempted to update from a JB 7.1.1 to 8.4.1.....except I hit "Update" in iTunes instead of "Restore." Eek.

Well, I got it on a diff. computer. Did the 3 second power, 10 sec both, then home until I got the restore message in iTunes. Not sure what the issue was before. Whew. Although...I wouldn't mind upgrading to a 6 from my 5S. Thanks bbrks!!

Good to hear ...but if you want to be jailbroaken, do a restore again to 8.4, since Apple is still signing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Good to hear ...but if you want to be jailbroaken, do a restore again to 8.4, since Apple is still signing it.
    Yessir! That's the plan since I just recently saw the untethered JB for 8.4!

Can I still save the 8.4 IPSW thru TinyUmbrella for the 5S?

just download 8.4 for your iPhone to your computer and do a DFU restore, as you did it with 8.4.1.
    TU and saving IPSW nope, that's not going to work.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

TurboGoKart (2015-08-16)