Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App location on iphone

Default App location on iphone
    Hi,
    It's been a while since I've posted. I have done this before,but it's been awhile now and I've totally forgot how to do it. I would like to change the App icon on my iphone. I have the icon, right size and all. I have Ifun Box that I can get into the iphone.
    My question is.. where is the app located at? is it under "User Applications" or under "RAW system"? I have trouble locating where the app is place.
    Can anyone show me the path for application install in iphone?
    Thank you

Blnkcruiser

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

It depends on the 'kind' of app you want to edit....

Default iOS apps are located at:
    /Applications

AppStore apps are located at:
    For iOS 7 and below:
    /private/var/mobile/Applications

For iOS 8:
    /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/Random-String-of-Numbers/YourApp.app

It's best practice to theme ALL the icons in there so it'll show up correctly everywhere on the device.

Thank you thazsar:
    It's iphone 4 with IOS 5.1.1.
    I've installed a chat app. I have the icon that I want to replace it. I just want to know where is the location of the "chat app" that I've installed so I can go into that application and change the icon for that specific app. Once I know where, I can change the icon and change the app name in the plist.
    Thank you

Thank you thazsar:
    I've installed a chat app. I have the icon that I want to replace it. I just want to know where is the location of the "chat app" that I've installed so I can go into that application and change the icon for that specific app. Once I know where, I can change the icon and change the app name in the plist.
    Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlnkCruiser View Post
    Thank you thazsar:
    Thank you

Thank you thazsar:
    Thank you
    It'll be in the location for 'iOS 7 and below.' The problem is finding which app correlates with the random string of numbers.

My suggestion: install Filza from Cydia and go to the above directory. Filza is FREE and it'll show the App names so you can get into the correct folder.

I say use ifile. Best few $ I've ever spent, although just checked out filza and I'm pretty impressed for free!
    Last edited by docmagoo2; 2014-11-15 at 08:29 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-11-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    I say use ifile. Best few $ I've ever spent, although just checked out filza and I'm pretty impressed for free!
    I prefer iFile, as well, but Filza is free and does the same job. In fact, it does some things better than iFile right now...

- Shows App labels
    - Lets you search all your Dropbox folders