Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AVPlayer for iOS7

Default AVPlayer for iOS7
    For ages now since iOS3 I have been using AVPlayer for WAV files that I download to my device.

For some reason since I upgraded my iPhone 4 to 7.1.6, AVPlayer will play the file, but I seem to have no access to the file that is playing.

In earlier older iOS'es, a Quicktime player would pop up with seek bar, play, pause etc.

Now I have no control except volume.

Is there a way to fix AVPlayer or some other player than can browse the file system and play WAVs?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redpenguin View Post
    For ages now since iOS3 I have been using AVPlayer for WAV files that I download to my device.

For some reason since I upgraded my iPhone 4 to 7.1.6, AVPlayer will play the file, but I seem to have no access to the file that is playing.

In earlier older iOS'es, a Quicktime player would pop up with seek bar, play, pause etc.

Now I have no control except volume.

Is there a way to fix AVPlayer or some other player than can browse the file system and play WAVs?
    I know VLC Player used to play all kinds of different files. I haven't used it in ages, though...

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I know VLC Player used to play all kinds of different files. I haven't used it in ages, though...
    VLC plays freaking everything. That's the "hack" used by windows users this year to get apple live stream... Hook it to VLC.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-11-06)