Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 finger print issue

Default iPhone 6 finger print issue
    Im not sure if anyone else noticed this, but im hoping someone has and knows a resolution to it.

When turning on the the fingerprint reader to unlock your phone you cannot use 3rd party keyboards from the lockscreen. When I receive a text, I swipe left and click reply and at that point I can only use the stock apple keyboard. I want to secure my phone but not if I cant use 3rd party keyboards like swiftkey.

Anyone know a resolution to this?

Lotta help this forum is...

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's that big a deal why not just unlock your device and type a message?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thats not the point, why isnt the 3rd party keyboard available when theres a lock on? This is clearly some sort of permissions issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

So if you turn off TouchID, them it'll allow 3rd party KB on the Lockscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    So if you turn off TouchID, them it'll allow 3rd party KB on the Lockscreen?
    That is correct.

Also, if you have a passcode on the same thing happens. You have to remove both the passcode and touch id for it to then work when texting from the lock screen.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEblue16 View Post
    That is correct.

Also, if you have a passcode on the same thing happens. You have to remove both the passcode and touch id for it to then work when texting from the lock screen.
    Oh, okay! So any kind of LS protection changes the KB to default.

It seems that whenever there's anything password-related for the iOS environment, Apple defaults to their keyboard for privacy reasons. These 3rd party keyboards can record your strokes which could be unsafe

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Oh, okay! So any kind of LS protection changes the KB to default.

It seems that whenever there's anything password-related for the iOS environment, Apple defaults to their keyboard for privacy reasons. These 3rd party keyboards can record your strokes which could be unsafe
    See that annoys me, there should be some sort of opt out clause. Why does apple get to choose what is safe and not safe for ME! lol