Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 6 factory unlocked from Apple store.

  1. #1
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,329
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 147 Times in 107 Posts

    Default iPhone 6 factory unlocked from Apple store.
    I bought full price this iPhone 6 to activate it on my account with AT&T, once activated it gave me this message on iTunes "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked". For me that was weird because I heard Apple aren't releasing iPhones for AT&T unlocked, yes the "Genius" asked me where carrier I was going to activate it before I purchase it. I called my local Apple store and another "Genius" told me none of the iPhones from AT&T even paid in full are coming unlocked. I never tried to put another sim card to test since I don't have one but, I do know every time you have that message on iTunes when you restore, it means it is unlocked. So I guess Im lucky.

    Somebody else?
    Last edited by javiert30; 2014-10-01 at 10:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Sounds like you got lucky.

  3. #3
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    i'm waiting for iPhone 6 factory unlocked to be online don't know when tho

  4. #4
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    i'm waiting for iPhone 6 factory unlocked to be online don't know when tho
    Their available, I own both the 6 and the 6 Plus factory unlocked. Just order the T-Mo version.

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Default iPhone 6 factory unlocked from Apple store.
    can I pick up at store calling know
    Last edited by Cmds187; 2014-10-19 at 02:50 AM.

  6. #6
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    I would think so. You have to buy them from Apple not T-Mo store.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    Cmds187 (2014-10-19)

  8. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    ok thanks will do first thing

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    I bought full price this iPhone 6 to activate it on my account with AT&T, once activated it gave me this message on iTunes "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked". For me that was weird because I heard Apple aren't releasing iPhones for AT&T unlocked, yes the "Genius" asked me where carrier I was going to activate it before I purchase it. I called my local Apple store and another "Genius" told me none of the iPhones from AT&T even paid in full are coming unlocked. I never tried to put another sim card to test since I don't have one but, I do know every time you have that message on iTunes when you restore, it means it is unlocked. So I guess Im lucky.

    Somebody else?
    Do you have to choose a carrier even buying full price @ an apple store in the US? Different in the UK then. I always buy my phone from the UK apple store full price so it's unlocked and I can choose a carrier. Currently O2 uk with 3GB data, unlimited calls and texts for 20 a month.

  10. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Do you have to choose a carrier even buying full price @ an apple store in the US? Different in the UK then. I always buy my phone from the UK apple store full price so it's unlocked and I can choose a carrier. Currently O2 uk with 3GB data, unlimited calls and texts for 20 a month.
    yes they told me to buy a tmobile iPhone 6 at full price from apple store online they where sold out in store today told me to order today at 10pm when the inventory list comes in to place my orders to pick up tomorrow

  11. #10
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Why can't you order from T-Mo? There's no apple store in my area, but I'm looking to get an unlocked 6.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  12. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 144 Times in 101 Posts

    Default iPhone 6 factory unlocked from Apple store.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Why can't you order from T-Mo? There's no apple store in my area, but I'm looking to get an unlocked 6.
    T-Mobile have them on back order I'm sure and I don't think they already come unlocked through T-Mobile.com or in the store. I paid full price for my T-Mobile iPhone 6 at apple.com, but don't have anyone with a AT&T SIM card to test it out.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to StaceyMJ86 For This Useful Post:

    SpiderManAPV (2014-10-20)

  14. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I would think so. You have to buy them from Apple not T-Mo store.
    7-10 days order from apple online tmobile contract free 64gb Gold

  15. #13
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Cool. You'll love it.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    Cmds187 (2014-10-20)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •