Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dug out an old iPhone 3GS to use for an iPod. Forgot the Password. Help!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Dug out an old iPhone 3GS to use for an iPod. Forgot the Password. Help!!
    I have no idea what FW it is running and, naturally, I don't want to restore to the latest FW as it won't run worth a crap. Is there a way to find out what iOS it is running with it being locked like this?

Also, how can I get around the lock screen?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Is it jailbroken?

You can find out the FW by just plugging it into iTunes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Is it jailbroken?

You can find out the FW by just plugging it into iTunes
    Even if it was never used on the new laptop? I only have 2 USB connections so, I was looking for a solution before I unplugged the keyboard and plugged in the iPhone. The laptop is hooked up to the Plasma and it tough to access in my hang on the wall entertainment center.

Thanks

If it is jailbroken, there 'might' be a way to get the Passcode if you have afc2add installed on it.

I don't know how else you'd check FW without hooking it up to a computer

Thanks

I don't remember if this one is jailbroken. I definitely don't have afc2add as I've never heard of that. Been out of the jailbreak/Cydia game for a while. I'll plug it in and get back to you with an iOS. Thanks so much. After I find out. Do I just download a custom 3.1.3 FW and Shift restore? What is the best program to use to create a custom FW for a phone this old and that old of a FW? Thanks again

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

You can move up to 6.1.6 FW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 40ozBulldog View Post
    I don't remember if this one is jailbroken. I definitely don't have afc2add as I've never heard of that. Been out of the jailbreak/Cydia game for a while. I'll plug it in and get back to you with an iOS. Thanks so much. After I find out. Do I just download a custom 3.1.3 FW and Shift restore? What is the best program to use to create a custom FW for a phone this old and that old of a FW? Thanks again
    If it is jailbroken on an older FW, it's possible afc2add is already installed. Download iExplorer on your computer and open it. If it shows a large list of folders in your phone, then your jailbroken!

Thanks

It's on 6.1.3

No idea when, or why that was done, lol.

I messed with this program a bit and have no idea where I would look to find a ton of files. I'm just going to assume it isn't as there isn't much

I hate iTunes. This is the most glitchy program on my computer, lol. It's just stuck in loading and has frozen two other times.

I can't even get it to close using Task Manager. I'm just going to uninstall this thing and re-download it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You can move up to 6.1.6 FW
    I'm still not positive this is a 3GS. It might be a 3G. Is there a way to tell using iExplorer? I only see the serial number, software version and FW version.
    Last edited by 40ozBulldog; 2014-09-09 at 04:53 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 40ozBulldog View Post
    It's on 6.1.3

No idea when, or why that was done, lol.

I messed with this program a bit and have no idea where I would look to find a ton of files. I'm just going to assume it isn't as there isn't much

I hate iTunes. This is the most glitchy program on my computer, lol. It's just stuck in loading and has frozen two other times.

I can't even get it to close using Task Manager. I'm just going to uninstall this thing and re-download it, I guess.

I'm still not positive this is a 3GS. It might be a 3G. Is there a way to tell using iExplorer? I only see the serial number, software version and FW version.
    Serial number will tell you what it is. Type it into this site and you'll get your info:

http://sndeep.info/en

If your on windows, then yes, iTunes is absolutely horrible!!!

Since you're on 6.1.3, you can possibly DFU restore. Don't back it up prior to the restore or else the Passcode will retirn