Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5s GPS Freezing/Cutting out

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5s GPS Freezing/Cutting out
    Hey guys. i have a pretty annying issue that i cant seem to get rid of.. and yes i have searched the forum and couldnt find anything that would help.. all extreamily old (3g/3gs days). aka the good ol days.

Anyway,

I have a jailbroken iphone 5s on 7.0.4, and the GPS service continuously freezes when im using it. Apple maps will find and create the route and work for maybe 5-6 minutes then freeze. i have figured out that rotating the screen a few times will eventually reset the "feed" causing it relocate and continue directions for a few more miles before freezing again (sometimes its the complete wrong location and causes the directions to completly change).

originally i though this was a maps problem so i downloaded WAZE to see if would solve the problem, however; it is persistant and waze also freezes saying "Unable to locate GPS, Please go outside". rotating the device with waze open causes the directions to reload, just like apple maps, but will freeze again shortly after.

has anyone else experienced this issue?
    Any suggestions on how to fix this? (besides restoring.. i would prefur not to lose my jailbreak, although if there is no other option i guess losing my jailbreak is better than losing myself...)

Could be a weak signal in your area, but something you stated bothers me much more......loosing your jailbreak???????
    Please, update/restore to 7.1.2 and jailbreak with Pangu 1.2.1....than try again.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

oh right wow.. i completely forgot about the Pangu jailbreak haha thanks!
    also i don't believe it is a week signal as i am in NJ and i know plenty of people with the same phone that don't have this issue..

Well than, nothing to loose, right
    Anyhow, now it looks like a hardware problem, which I just can't believe...so, with restore and jailbreak again, you will at least eliminate SW problem....let's see what happens.....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Could be a weak signal in your area, but something you stated bothers me much more......loosing your jailbreak???????
    Please, update/restore to 7.1.2 and jailbreak with Pangu 1.2.1....than try again.....
    +1
    Update w/ a clean install; do not restore from a backup.

How can you have a weak signal from the GPS satellites? If your always underground maybe, but while driving? This sounds like a hardware issue, but lets hope not. Definitely try a DFU restore and setup as new. Then test it before jail breaking.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0