Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help on Old iPhone 3G please???

Default Help on Old iPhone 3G please???
    Hey guys i recently found my old 3g iPhone and i was trying to restore it thru iTunes but i kept getting an error 1051 or something and i now it is stuck in the restore with iTunes image on the screen, I forgot I had jailbroken this one and now wondering if there is anyway to fix this so it is at least useable. I don't remember what firmware it was on last so i don't know what jailbreak I used last. I hope somebody here can help me out? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I 'think' you might need to run the LimeRain jailbreak to get it working again but I could be wrong... It's been a long time since I dealt w/ that problem

Put your phone in to DFU mode and hit restore button in iTunes. If it doesn't work out, than download the latest firmware 4.2.1 for 3G, for example from here iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From
    Again DFU mode and than SHIFT + RESTORE, point to downloaded file and wait until restore is finished.

hey BBrks i tried that and I still get the same error at the end. Thazsar I will try lime rain again. Anyother ideas guys thanks for the help

Try also this:
    1. Open Redsnow redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5
    2. Select Original 3G IPSW 4.2.1
    3. The New Message Box Will Pop up so Click YES
    4. Select Only This Option ( Just Enter Pwned DFU Mode Right Now )
    5. Open iTunes and Select Custom Firmware and Restore

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyke1 View Post
    hey BBrks i tried that and I still get the same error at the end. Thazsar I will try lime rain again. Anyother ideas guys thanks for the help
    If it's not LimeRain, it could be the first GreenPoison. I just can't remember...

Hey guys sorry didn't mention I'm using a mac does that make a difference on which version i need to use? Thanks again