Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone remote boot iPhone 4 with SD card Linux etc? Iph 4. 5.1.1 OS dead iphone

Default Anyone remote boot iPhone 4 with SD card Linux etc? Iph 4. 5.1.1 OS dead iphone
    I have a 30 pin to SD card adaptor thingee as part of the apple iphone accessories kit.
    I also have a dead iphone stuck in re boot loop.
    Had a thought to install, say, Linux / Ubuntu etc etc on a larger SD card and with this is there anyway I could either remote boot the phone or view directory content etc...?
    I've done this with hard drive problems on a regular Mac laptop to view and recover and modify files this way.
    I imagine its a whole other can of worms with iOS.
    Orby here indicated it had been done with great effort, running Android or pared down Linux.
    However, I don't care about making the phone run, I'm just trying to get about 1000 photos off the phone before I'd be forced to "recover" the phone in iTunes which will wipe it back to the Stone Age, losing all content, and probably mess up my jailbreak and baseband setting.

The phone was jailbroken with RedSn0w and had an AT&T original phone running on T Mo for almost a year before disaster struck mid call and boot loop hell. I can only put phone in recovery mode and read with iTunes or DFU mode and read either mode in Jailbreak programs.

Or is there a way to image a phone in either mode only ?
    Thanks for any responses.
    Last edited by GreenMagic; 2014-07-26 at 01:17 AM.