Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to upgrade iOS and jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    You need to install CCToggles to replace SBSettings. That tweak has a Kill All button.
    I have sbsettings installed. But what I want to do is shake my phone to kill background apps, not have to press buttons or go through menus.

This was actually integral to my life apparently as I keep shaking my phone expect it to close apps lol.

Also having trouble finding an app/tweak to improve the look of folders. I'm playing with BetrFoldr now but it really isn't doing anything I like.

Anyway to bring back the iOS 6 style folders?
    Last edited by GRNDPNDR; 2014-07-20 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDPNDR View Post
    I have sbsettings installed. But what I want to do is shake my phone to kill background apps, not have to press buttons or go through menus.

This was actually integral to my life apparently as I keep shaking my phone expect it to close apps lol.

Also having trouble finding an app/tweak to improve the look of folders. I'm playing with BetrFoldr now but it really isn't doing anything I like.

Anyway to bring back the iOS 6 style folders?
    Use 'Quit App for Activator' to initiate shake to kill background

For folders:
    I prefer TapTapFolder because I don't want folder icons. You can also use CustomFolderIcons to theme the icons.

After installing quit app and respringing my phone kept booting into safe mode.

Then it locked up during a respring and I rebooted it by holding the power button and home button and now it just seems to hang when booting up.

It's half-bricked....not sure what to do from here.

While booting, press and hold volume + button to get it into a safe mode. If you make it, than delete that tweak from Cydia.
    If not, start all over again.....restore, Jailbreak, get the Apps back and regarding Cydia tweaks, be careful to install only compatible tweaks....and forget SBSettings, that is history....

I ended up restoring, but I'm having problems getting my folders back.

Lastnight I was able to restoe a backup and my folder structure was restored as well, but now I just have 5 pages of apps now.

I think I need to install infiboard again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    While booting, press and hold volume + button to get it into a safe mode. If you make it, than delete that tweak from Cydia.
    If not, start all over again.....restore, Jailbreak, get the Apps back and regarding Cydia tweaks, be careful to install only compatible tweaks....and forget SBSettings, that is history....
    I tested Quit App for Activator on my ip5S (7.1.2) before recommending it. That is definitely not the culprit. I agree about SBSettings, pointless now that we have Control Center. Still suggest CCToggles above all other CC-related tweax.

I'm wondering, would deleting apple maps, stocks, passbook and weather cause a problem like I experienced? where the phone would be stuck rebooting into safe mode.

And, is Cydia available in safe mode? I thought it wasn't.

It's not possible to delete stock IOS apps....Cydia is available in safe mode, that's actually the whole point of safe mode, to enter Cydia and delete whatever it's needed.

Thanks

It's not possible to delete stock IOS apps....Cydia is available in safe mode, that's actually the whole point of safe mode, to enter Cydia and delete whatever it's needed.
    You CAN delete Stock apps, it's just not advisable. Deleting them can easily put you in a bootloop because your device is trying to call on items that don't exist anymore.

Well OK, your way of telling him that is more clear. Bottom line, stock apps must not be deleted.
    Or, just maybe, he enjoys restoring every day

Thanks

Well OK, your way of telling him that is more clear. Bottom line, stock apps must not be deleted.
    Or, just maybe, he enjoys restoring every day
    HAHAHAHAHA!

On iOS 6 I was able to delete "Stocks" and a couple of others without ever causing any issue, but when I did it this time I deleted more, including apple maps which might have been a bad idea in hindsight lol.

I didn't delete anything this time and so far, no problems.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GRNDPNDR For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-07-25)

Quit app does not work for me.

I just installed it again and it does the same thing, constantly rebooting me into safe mode.

This time I have not deleted ANY stock apps.
    Last edited by GRNDPNDR; 2014-07-25 at 03:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12