Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5s multiple crashes daily

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 5s multiple crashes daily
    I recently upgraded to 7.1.2 and installed the same tweaks I had on 7.0.6 with the addition of widget.

Multiple times a day my 5s will just go into safe mode then it has to be restarted.

I haven't had any crashes before I installed the widgets and I may be the only one but I just wanted some suggestions to a possible fix please Wasn't sure if maybe the JB should be redone or possibly something easier. Below is what I have from cydia(didn't include the substrate and the other obvious ones).

Barrel
    Classic badges
    Custom LS
    Dark photos
    Groovy lock
    Iconomatic
    Ifile
    Iwidgets
    Messages customizer
    Photo organizer
    Safari tab count
    Transparent volume
    Transparentdock
    Widget weather
    Winterboard
    Zeppelin
    77 Theme

Any help would be appreciated, thanx in advance!!

First, reinstall CydiaSubstrate....if it doesn't help, than it must be one of the tweaks you have. Are you sure, that they are all updated for 7.1.2? If not, than, that could be a problem.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

roneraven (2014-07-08)

Thanks

Default 5s multiple crashes daily
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    First, reinstall CydiaSubstrate....if it doesn't help, than it must be one of the tweaks you have. Are you sure, that they are all updated for 7.1.2? If not, than, that could be a problem.
    Not totally sure since there are no details in the package updates. I'll try the substrate though, thanx!!

Edit; Still crashed after the reinstall. Must be a tweak. Trial and error time I guess lol. Thanx again for the help
    Last edited by roneraven; 2014-07-08 at 05:59 PM.

do you have iCleaner Pro.. if you do... disable each tweak to found out which ones that crash your iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcwyatt View Post
    do you have iCleaner Pro.. if you do... disable each tweak to found out which ones that crash your iPhone.
    Think I narrowed it down to too many widget weather animations. Time will tell but so far so good lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roneraven View Post
    Think I narrowed it down to too many widget weather animations. Time will tell but so far so good lol
    I don't use widgets very much but on my ip5S I had SBHTML w/ Animated Weather in the background. I noticed (on 7.1.2) that it was a lot more unstable since the update. I'd stay away from widgets, for now, as I 'feel' they can really tax your devices RAM.