Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone to the rescue

Thanks

Default iPhone to the rescue
    or how my iPhone saved my vacation. Just returned from a trip to Germany. Upon arrival I opened my bag for my camera and discovered it was not there. After wondering if i had lost it when I had to take my laptop out for security check-in i immediatly went to Plan B. I cheerfully announced to my family that my iPhone takes 1/2 way decent pictures and would have to suffice.

Yesterday I downloaded my camera roll to my PC and was very pleasantly surprised. The pictures look great for the most part, even the ones i shot from inside a moving car. The only downside was that I was unable to zoom. The weather was somewhat dark, cloudy and rainy much of the time, yet the pictures came out. A little tweaking with paint Shop pro and they dont look much worse than the pictures i took last year with my 6 megapixel 12 x optical zoom Canon. (I hit each picture with digital camera noise removal, color fade correction, clarify and a simple sharpen on a few of them) Almost instant great photos. Thanks iPhone!

it was also was way more convenient to have a camera not dangling around my neck, especially in the rain. Not to mention all of the other toys the iPhone provided me with for the 9 hour plane trip. I am locked on ATT but had the foresight to buy the international data plan as "insurance". I did end up using Edge to download email and look up a few websites since I was too lazy to find free wifi and my hotel which had wifi, neglected to say in their listing that it was in fact a Vodafone hotspot charging 29.95 Euros for 24 hours. My $59.95 50 MB international iPhone plan looked pretty good at that point. I watched usage carefully and didn't even come close to the limit. i downloaded something like 100 emails a day and looked up weather daily. Think I used like 22 MB the entire time.

Even my family was impressed, especially since they constantly tease me about "playing with my iPhone" too much.

One other observation: My iPhone must have enjoyed its vacation too. its battery life is noticeably better and its less laggy.

Thanks

Cheers to apple! You get what you pay for
    EDM