Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occoured (1) on iPhone 4S

Default The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occoured (1) on iPhone 4S
    Hi all,

First post, tried searching and have read the rules, so be kind :-)

I had an JailBroken iPhone 4S which was fine until I changed the battery. After changing the phone started up correctly, but could not find the network (it just kept on searching...)

So in a bid to get it working, I restored it to 7.1.1 via iTunes. However, about 60% of the way through it failed with this message "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occoured (1) on iPhone 4S "

Reading through some of the threads I have tried, restoring in recovery mode and also in DFU mode but without success.

Before I send my iPhone into orbit ;-) , can anyone offer some suggestions on how I can resolve this, or let me know if it's totally bricked.

Many thanks

TK :-)

You have changed the battery....lot of things can go wrong....in any case, error 1 is usually hardware problem. I suggest you visit a service. Before that, try restoring it again...several times....change cable, PC.....but, at the end of the day, if nothing helps, straight to service

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    You have changed the battery....lot of things can go wrong....in any case, error 1 is usually hardware problem. I suggest you visit a service. Before that, try restoring it again...several times....change cable, PC.....but, at the end of the day, if nothing helps, straight to service
    Thanks for your reply. Tried different cables, laptops etc many times. Time for repair or sale as faulty

Cheers

TK