Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 won't update

Default iPhone 4 won't update
    Can anyone help me with a major problem I am facing?

I have a iPhone 4 which I bought brand new from Dubai 3 years ago. For some reason I'm unable to update it to the latest firmware. It is currently running on 6.1 (jailbroken).
    I have updated it before 6.1 and it updated nicely but the last 2 updates have been a problem.

I have tried downloading the firmware from flexi firmware site and I have tried updating it via iTunes and in both instances I get the same error that the firmware is for this iPhone.

Can anyone shed some light on this as I really want to update to the latest firmware now.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Can ya tell us what error you are gitting and are you putting the phone in dfu mode?

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Can ya tell us what error you are gitting and are you putting the phone in dfu mode?
    The message I'm getting is "the iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible"

And no I'm not putting the phone in dfu mode. I'm pressing left shift and selecting the downloaded file.

What IOS have you downloaded?
    Do you have the latest iTunes?
    Is your iPhone GSM model?

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    What IOS have you downloaded?
    Do you have the latest iTunes?
    Is your iPhone GSM model?
    The file I downloaded was iphone3,2_7.1.1_11D201_restore
    Yes I have the latest iTunes and yes it's a GSM model

Perfect and there it is. You have downloaded wrong IPSW. You need to get the IPSW Version for iphone 3.1.
    3.2 is not GSM.