Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE HELP!!! iPhone 4s (5.1.1) Stuck on Spinning Wheel

iPhone? More like MyPhone donkeylarry's Avatar
    Thanks

Default PLEASE HELP!!! iPhone 4s (5.1.1) Stuck on Spinning Wheel
    If anyone has ever read a post from me before on this site, you realize how important my phone is to me.

Last evening, I had an app that I never used (Cartoons from Cydia) that I ran across and deleted as I figured it was just taking up space. Once I did, I resprung and my phone has not been able to boot up since - I have got the spinning wheel and stuck wheel (doesn't spin just stuck) for hours on end. Looking back, I deleted the app by holding on the icon and deleting (without thinking in advance that it was a Cydia app and I needed to remove from there). Not sure if this is what caused a problem or not.

In any event, because I constantly put music and playlists on my phone, I do not backup to iTunes because I am still on 5.1.1 and from what I understand, I cannot upgrade my ios without losing my data, phone design etc. (is this still correct)?!?

PLEASE HELP ME GET PAST THIS STUCK SPINNING WHEEL!!! I have tried the "hold the Sleep & Home button" to Reset. I've always done this to reset my phone and it's always rebooted, but now it is not. I DO have a "graphic boot logo" that always shows when my phone has previously rebooted and it shows after the hold of the "Sleep & Home buttons" and the Apple Logo, but then to the stuck wheel. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! I WILL BE INDEBTED FOR LIFE!!!

Try to put it into DFU mode and if you make it, get it out and wait for the phone to turn on.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

donkeylarry (2014-03-21)

Thanks

First of all, thank you so much for replying. I can get to the DFU Mode (if by that you mean bring up the iTunes and USB logo's). This is where I am now. What do you mean by "get it out and wait for the phone to turn on"?!? It's just sitting here with those logo's showing. Again, I do not have iTunes as a resource on this computer (at work) to do any sort of Restore nor do I have a backup to restore to if I did. I CANNOT lose everything!!!

No, that isn't DFU, it's recovery mode. We don't want that. Search Google, how to enter DFU.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

donkeylarry (2014-03-21)

Thanks

OK thanks for the clarification. I believe I'm in DFU Mode. Now what?!?

If you are sure that the phone is in DFU, get it out now and see if it will boot up:

Thanks

Definitely appreciate the help, but not working. Same thing...Apple logo, followed by my Boot Logo, and then the spinning wheel and it then gets stuck and freezes.

Try couple of times. If it doesn't work, than I am afraid, restore to 7.1 is the only way out.

Thanks

Gotcha. Thanks again. Is there anything I can do to attempt a backup somehow with anything although I cannot boot up?!?

You might just try this: