Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: In need of immediate assistance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default In need of immediate assistance
    So long story short:

I was in iFile, I changed the name of MobileSMS.app to something else and did a re-spring. What I thought could happen in doing so obviously did not happen, so I changed it back to MobileSMS.app, and did a re-spring.

After doing so the MobileSMS app on my iPhone would open and close (and the icon turned white), so I tried to reboot. I rebooted, and still didn't work. I am at work so I put my phone down for a few minutes and when I went back to look at it, it has been 'rebooting' for like 30+ minutes. Not stuck at the apple icon screen, but it appears, the screen goes dark, and about 30 seconds late the apple icon screen comes back, it goes dark. etc... over and over again.

What can I do to fix this massive screw up on my part?

Just a heads up, my POWER button does not work on my phone. Please help!

I'm not 100% sure of this but... Without a power button you might be in trouble.

The only way I know to fix this is by putting your phone into DFU mode, which you need a working power button to accomplish.

Sorry! I know that's probably not what you want to hear!

Maybe try a google search for putting your phone in DFU without power button.

Thanks

Finally got a response... thanks

On a rare chance it would work, usually my girlfriend can do it... probably cause woman can squeeze the life out of anything.

Ill see what I can do, but basically you are saying I need to go into DFU and restore?

Thanks

Can someone please help me find a way to put iPhone 5 into DFU mode without a power button

Quote Originally Posted by EmericAn View Post
    Finally got a response... thanks

On a rare chance it would work, usually my girlfriend can do it... probably cause woman can squeeze the life out of anything.

Ill see what I can do, but basically you are saying I need to go into DFU and restore?
    Sorry I'm just getting back to you. It's been a while since I've been in a constant boot loop like that, but if I remember correctly the only way to get iTunes to recognize your phone is plugged in for long enough (without shutting off and back on) is to be in DFU. This way it will stop constantly cycling on and off.

Lol you're absolutely right about women too! 😉