Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rare Problem

Exclamation Rare Problem
    Hi guys, I feel like I have a very rare problem.
    In a nut-shell, I have a jailbroken iPhone 5S iOS 7.0.3. My issue is I'm trying to upgrade to 7.0.4 for obvious reasons, but can't.

I've tried going to settings>software update and it continues searching forever in a loop. I've also tried doing it through iTunes and on restart after preparing the update files, my phone gets put into recovery mode, iTunes gives me an error and I'm stuck having to use TinyUmbrella to get out of it. Every.Single.Time. This has been an ongoing issue for me, as I have found no fix.

I've tried windows updating, turning off all firewalls/antivirus, restarting and whatnot, and no fix.

The only thing I have received as a suggestion is to try updating from a different computer, but for some reason, I have a gut feeling that won't work. I also don't have another computer that's really accessible for me to use. I'm on Windows7 64 bit. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Any suggestions/help would help me at this point,
    Thankyou!

-Breezy
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-01-16 at 07:31 PM.

You NEVER do a software update, if the phone is jailbroken. It's a no no.
    Download IPSW 7.0.4 for your phone to your PC. Put the phone into recovery mode, open iTunes, it will recognize your phone in recovery mode. Hit SHIFT + RESTORE, window will pop up, find IPSW you downloaded and confirm. Your phone should restore.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    You NEVER do a software update, if the phone is jailbroken. It's a no no.
    Download IPSW 7.0.4 for your phone to your PC. Put the phone into recovery mode, open iTunes, it will recognize your phone in recovery mode. Hit SHIFT + RESTORE, window will pop up, find IPSW you downloaded and confirm. Your phone should restore.
    No sir! Error.

To be specific, error (17)

I would try putting the phone in DFU mode. It has stopped a lot of errors for me😀

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Most of those options didn't work, however one did! I deleted everything in my hosts file and the update was successful!

WOO! I suggest anyone having troubles updating tries this method.