Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turning off iPhone...Doesn't! Dims screen instead??

Default Turning off iPhone...Doesn't! Dims screen instead??
    For some reason, every now and again when I tap the power button to shut off my iPhone screen, it doesn't completely shut off the screen ~ instead, it just dims the screen, but I can still very clearly see a ghosted image of the iPhone wallpaper and slider (its definitely not burn-in)...

The only way I can resolve the issue is to do a couple of regular restarts and a couple of force-shutdowns (power+home buttons for 5-6 seconds)...

I initially thought that I would try troubleshooting the issue by opening the Summerboard.app I have installed on my iPhone, then choosing the 'restart springboard' option from within that app, but strangely the Summerboard screen won't allow me to scroll at all (happens in unison with the instances in which my phone won't turn off the screen completely)...once I perform the restart/shutdown steps mentioned above and I am able to get the phone to power off the screen properly, then I am also able to scroll and use Summerboard properly (incidentally, this issue may or may not be linked to Summerboard, but because the no-scrolling issue also happens when I tried to access the 'Settings' app - I can't scroll here either when this quirky issue is happening...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

That's called a conflict. It happens when you have a program such as services, dock, or a few other known buggy apps clash.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

blacksti (2008-05-06)

i Have the same exact problem, all you have to do is ssh into your phone and have an app like killboard or restart installed on your phone, just click it and after it reboots, you will be able to scroll within apps and your screen will not be ghosted it will turn off, i have this same glitch happen to me sometimes after a restart of my phone just use one of those programs and it will fix it everytime.
    Last edited by kpace1; 2008-03-24 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have this same problem but I can't scroll on my settings screen or any app for that matter....So i cant SSH into it because i cant switch my wireless button on!!...someone please help i really don't want to restore and do all this **** all over again

Quote Originally Posted by skitomcat1 View Post
    I have this same problem but I can't scroll on my settings screen or any app for that matter....So i cant SSH into it because i cant switch my wireless button on!!...someone please help i really don't want to restore and do all this **** all over again
    since shh is off ....its just a suggestion, but maybe you can use independence, and uninstall ssh, then reinstall..if memory serves me right that shh is installed active, and after that if it works, then shh into your phone from your computer and add this respring.app, shut off your phone and back on then open resping.app and your problem should be fixed

link for killboard

http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/#Respring.app