Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone wifi issue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone wifi issue
    im wondering if anyone else is having this problem... it diddnt use to be like this, but it seems that recently Every time i go to settings, hit wifi, then turn it on and have it connect, it will sucessfuly "connect" and the [E] by my signal bars turns to a .>) little wifi thing WIth signal, but when ever i go into safari and try to do anything, it sits and loads and finnaly comes up "Safari could not display bla bla blah, due to somehtin or another with the server" i know this shouldnt be happening, ive had it working perfectly before. any advice anyone? hopefully this is in the right spot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

So what changed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p42o View Post
    im wondering if anyone else is having this problem... it diddnt use to be like this, but it seems that recently Every time i go to settings, hit wifi, then turn it on and have it connect, it will sucessfuly "connect" and the [E] by my signal bars turns to a .>) little wifi thing WIth signal, but when ever i go into safari and try to do anything, it sits and loads and finnaly comes up "Safari could not display bla bla blah, due to somehtin or another with the server" i know this shouldnt be happening, ive had it working perfectly before. any advice anyone? hopefully this is in the right spot
    Two things. Did you install Services.app? Cause it seems to be screwing up alot of things. Also, when you get a connection, actually go into the WiFi settings and see if you've been assigned an IP address. You can be connected without one. If you have a bogus IP like 169.254.x.x then you don't really have a connection.

This happened to my phone once and a friends phone. all i did was turn it off for a sec and try it again. haven't had any more problems

I have that bogus ip address 192.168.x.x. How do I get a real ip address so I can get this working?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by czapski View Post
    I have that bogus ip address 192.168.x.x. How do I get a real ip address so I can get this working?
    It means the iPhone sees a gateway but can't connect to a server. I myself just connect to my wireless router when at home, if you're out and about, there's no guarantee you're going to get a successful connection (to a free server anyway).

If you have a wireless router, set it to DHCP, and configure the wireless settings to broadcast SSID. Would be a good idea to secure the wireless connection as well, see your router guide for this.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

have u tried to connect somewhere else other than the same place?
     Think Different

my wireless router is configured that way but it still won't work. Anyone?

Thanks

So it's set up to automatically assign an IP to any connecting device? Try going into the WiFi settings and change the DHCP from AUTO to STATIC, then enter the same information that's listed on your router. Give yourself an IP.

LAN >

Your Router is equipped with a DHCP server that will automatically assign IP addresses to each computer on your network. The factory default settings for the DHCP server will work in most any application. If you need to make changes to the settings, you can do so.
    The changes that you can make are:

- Change the Internal IP address of the Router. The default = 192.168.2.1
    - Change the Subnet Mask. The default = 255.255.255.0
    - Enable/Disable the DHCP Server Function. Default= ON (Enabled)
    - Specify the Starting and Ending IP Pool Address. Default = Starting: 2 / Ending: 100
    - Specify the IP address Lease Time. Default= Forever
    - Specify a local Domain Name. Default = Belkin

To make changes, click "LAN Settings" on the LAN tab to the left.

The Router will also provide you with a list of all client computers connected to the network. To view the list, click "DHCP client list" on the LAN tab to the left.

k those are my settings right now. I have a d-link router. I dont see a place where it has wifi settings.

i am having the same problem... it was working before and now it gives me a bogus ip and wont properly connect... any solutions?