Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iP4 disabled after too many passcode fails - Any luck

Thanks
    Default iP4 disabled after too many passcode fails - Any luck
    I've tried to search for this answer and couldn't find an exact match.

My iP4 on 5.1.1 had an Excahnge account active that prevented me from turning off my passcode. And I'm 99% sure that I did not have the Erase All data after 10 attempts turned on. I never used that feature.

So my 5 yr old plays games on my phone. Well, she picked it up and instead of asking....ya know, just kept typing in numbers. I got it from her and it said, Disabled, wait 1 minute. Then in a rush, I went to unlock my phone and messed up the passcode. (I do it a lot), then all of sudden phone started to power off. Now says connect to iTunes.

Bad part, I don't have a recent backup. I do have a 5.1.1 backup but not since months. And no shsh saved.(i don't care so much, ill use 6.1.3). My last synced computer says to restore and update. (strangely, a windows 7 ituned doesn't recognize phone at all) Is there anyway to get my data back? like pics, notes, and 1 particular app data? Or Am I screwed and have to update and erase it all?
    I;ve tried gecko, redsn0w, ifaith, all sorts of tools to try to kick it out of recovery. To no avail. I am surprised its locked out like this and forcing me to erase everything. Or, when I restore and update, will it all remain?
    Can the Apple store help me?
    I am quite upset rightnow about this. Seems like a bug to me, so I messsed up the passcode, but I didn't set it to erase everything, but now I am forced to....what gives. friggn' apple!

thanks MMI

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, was this iPhone jailbroken on 5.1.1? Or for that matter on iOS4?

Thanks
    NO, this one was never jb'd. On apple support article kb/HT1212, a screen is showed that says, iPhone is Disabled, connect to itunes. My problem is I never got this screen. just the connect to iTunes. Apple phone support granted me an exception today and tried to help me. Even with my original computer, I cannot get a backup. Always stuck in recovery mode.
    So I guess I am sol. 6.1.3 is d/l and at least I have an iCloud back up of contacts. But no pics. And I am hoping I have one app data on the cloud. If I do, I'll be ok.
    After my last attempt at a bad passcode on saturday, I got the little spinning lines and I quickly pressed power and home thinking I wanted to stop that process, well, maybe that screwed it up. Lessons learned....lol....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, don't know if you have tried TinyUmbrella or Recboot 2.2 (mac) to kick it out of recovery. Also, it might be worth trying dfu mode and jailbreaking with Redsnow. I know when I was jailbroken on iOS4 and 5, I have done this to get it out of recovery when nothing else worked.

Thanks
    I did try tiny umbrella also no luck. Well I braved it and did a restore to 6.1.3 an restored from cloud. And I am impressed. Except for some notes and about 100 photos, everything seems in place. Including some apps I was hoping not lose data on. It works well and now I have 6.1.3. But aww, no lower blobs. Bu this will suffice for now. Still don't know what happen. Thanks for the replies.

Submitted from my iP4...