Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Duplicate birthday calendar entries with Gmail, Outlook, and iCAL

Default Duplicate birthday calendar entries with Gmail, Outlook, and iCAL
    So I am trying to figure out how to run down a VERY annoying problem that affects both my calendar notifications as well as OmniFocus.

Using either my Google or Outlook.com calendar (not at the same time, either or) both calendars automatically include a calendar for contacts' birthdays. Apple's iCAL or whatever does this as well.

No matter if I hide the Apple birthday calendar or not, it still shows up in the notification center. Ditto for the Google/Outlook version. I've tried to disable that option on the website (Outlook or Gmail) but it's basically the same deal - it "hides" it, but it still "reports" it to the iPhone. So it shows up twice, once for the Apple contact birthdays and once for the Outlook.

This is incredibly annoying because then my notification is cluttered with two copies of each birthday, as is the calendar in OmniFocus.

Is there a way to disable either the Outlook or iCAL birthday calendar COMPLETELY (not just "hide" it, because hiding still reports to notification center even if it doesn't show up in the app itself)?

Thanks

Is this on your iOS device or a Mac running 10.8 Mountain Lion?
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoops98 View Post
    Is this on your iOS device or a Mac running 10.8 Mountain Lion?
    iPhone 6.1.2

Thanks

Hiding a calendar won't disable it from showing in Notification Centre. I don't have my calendar show in Notification Centre. You can't disable birthdays in Notification Centre by default means. I don't know if there is a Cydia tweak that will do so.

That seems like an incredibly stupid oversight doesn't it? I mean every major email/calendar service includes bdays so why are you forced to use the apple birthday calendar? I actually like having the stuff in notification center just not twice

Thanks

I know. It is a big oversight. Maybe it'll be fixed in iOS 7 so that Apple can list it as a "new" feature? lol

Sorry I wasn't very helpful...

It's ok. I decided to just use iCloud but now I'm trying to sync my contacts as well....

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...tlook-com.html