Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie Needs Help - New Iphone Getting past At&T Activation screen in Itunes

Default Newbie Needs Help - New Iphone Getting past At&T Activation screen in Itunes
    Hi All,

I just bought a 16gb model. I hook it up into Itunes and a at&t activation screen comes on. I click cancel, but am not sure how to proceed. I do not know what firmware version this one is - The Apple store just received it that morning when I bought it...If anyone can help me out on how to proceed from here to unlock/jailbreak it would be much appreciated. I am not an At&T customer...

well go to www.ziphone.org and download the program. Once you on the site go to where it says download ziphone. Once you download either windows or mac. Install the program. Once installed you would run the program. It would say "do it all" on the left hand side. You make sure phone is connected and the software do its thing. Anything else feel free to reply back.

thanks for the response...from what I read about ziphone or iplus, I need the firmware to be 1.1.4...should I be upgrading to it just in case the phone is not that version and if so, how do I?

Thanks again!

You have to connect it to iTunes and it will update it automatically to version 1.1.4
    Last edited by chinosoflyy198; 2008-03-23 at 10:43 PM. Reason: mispelling

thanks again for response

once i plug it into itunes all that comes up is an activation screen. I have an ipod and understand when the screen comes up saying upgrade to newer version...but this isnt happening with this phone. just says to activate or cancel...what should i do next?

try cancelling it.

after hitting cancel, says you can disconnect iphone...

Im thinking, could this phone already be on 1.1.4, hence not asking to upgrade? I bought it this past Wednesday and the apple store received the shipment that morning...

so go to ziphone and jailbreak your phone. When 1.1.3 was released it came installed already. So it might be possible.. But try jailbreaking my suggestion to you.

dont forget if I'm helping you out. Hit the thanks button. Thank you
    Last edited by chinosoflyy198; 2008-03-23 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chinosoflyy198 For This Useful Post:

mr_perfect (2008-03-24)

after reading other topics in the forum I was able to upgrade to 1.1.4. Knowing that I am on this, I am going to decide to use either ziphone or iplus now...thanks for your help. I assume the activation screen is normal until you unlock with those programs.

Yeah, once you unlock with either of those programs, your phone will be activated and you will no longer se that screen.
    No signature spam