Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use iPhone to download files to computer?

Default Use iPhone to download files to computer?
    Hi there,

Is there a way to use the iPhone to download files to a pc or mac on the same network? Like, making a symlink on your iphone that links to another computer?
    Just like the way the iPhone uTorrent web thingy works for adding mininova id's which start automatically on my pc.
    I want to be able to start downloads of any files from my iPhone instead of having to go to my computer and download the file when I see something nice when browsing modmyi or macthemes from the iPhone.

Hope you can help lads.
    Thanks.

Shawin.

[mods please move me if you think this thread would be better elsewhere. I'm new here. cheers]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I dont think you can do anything like that. Kinda weird, the most advanced cell phone in the world has ALOT of restrictions. You can't even save images from web sites!

Lolz. Well, you can save some stuff using historyDL or the other plugin. There should be an app or bookmarklet or whatever to catch the links and transmit them to some app like Flashget and automatically start the download. The iPhone webUI does it. There should be a Flashget webUI!