Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Request] Connecting my iPhone to the Internet through my Computer

Default [Request] Connecting my iPhone to the Internet through my Computer
    Here's my situation. I do a lot of Torrent downloading (only non-copyrighted media and for backup purposes of course) and I prefer to have my computer connected directly to my modem. If I connect through my router, the downloads slow down and interrupt web browsing and gaming.

I still have my wireless router running and would like to be able to connect to the internet on my iPhone through my computer.

|INTERWEB|----|Computer|----|ROUTER|----|iPhone|

Is this possible? I tried messing with some iPhone settings and couldn't find a way to do it. Is there a package I can install to set this up?

*bump*
    Last edited by Sindern; 2008-03-22 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this is a
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -119728088776.jpg  
    Last edited by Sindern; 2008-04-02 at 06:02 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

You could always buy a wireless adapter that goes right in your USB port. They go for around $30 to $40 and you can still have the modem plugged directly into your computer.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    You could always buy a wireless adapter that goes right in your USB port. They go for around $30 to $40 and you can still have the modem plugged directly into your computer.
    I have a wireless adapter and wireless modem. But how do I get the phone to connect through the computer? Or would that be something I could set up in the router?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

it would be easier to have your torrent program automatically adjust upload speeds so as not to hose your network. Just connect directly to your wireless router. I use Azureus and never have this problem.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.