Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Terrible Battery Life

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unhappy Terrible Battery Life
    Hello all, I was wondering if I could get some help to solve my problem. My battery totally sucks!! It only lasts about a half a day. I'm tired of being out and aboutband having my battery die. The phone is unlocked and jailbroken... I have some 3rd party apps but i dont use them that often. I turn off wifi, and Bluetooth and it still drains it. I'm afraid to restore it to original bc I have TMobile And when I got the phone it was already unlocked and jailbroken.
    I have an app called "mixtube" and would I. Be able to keep that if I removed the jailbrake. I'm a total noob to iPhones.... What does the jailbrake actually do???

Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    Hello all, I was wondering if I could get some help to solve my problem. My battery totally sucks!! It only lasts about a half a day. I'm tired of being out and aboutband having my battery die. The phone is unlocked and jailbroken... I have some 3rd party apps but i dont use them that often. I turn off wifi, and Bluetooth and it still drains it. I'm afraid to restore it to original bc I have TMobile And when I got the phone it was already unlocked and jailbroken.
    I have an app called "mixtube" and would I. Be able to keep that if I removed the jailbrake. I'm a total noob to iPhones.... What does the jailbrake actually do???
    Sometimes if you charge the iPhone before the battery is fully drained it shortens the battery life... if you do that a lot that could be why. It has something to do with magnets in the battery rappelling against each other.

Green Apple
    Thanks

any other tips? Plz? This is really causing me a major inconvenience

Do you listen to alot of music? Surf the web alot? Etc.....

Has it always been bad battery life? If so how long did the person before you use it?(I am assuming you bought it used since you said it was unlocked, jailbroken when you bought it)

If so maybe the person who had it before constantly had it on a charger

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The following programs have a memory leak: iPhysics, iBook
    Which means that even after you close them, they stay open in the background and kill the battery.

If you have SSH installed, turn it off using Services.app or better yet BossPrefs.app.