Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Songs, Bluetooth and WIFI problems

Question Songs, Bluetooth and WIFI problems
    Hey, im just looking for some info on my iPhone 3G 16GB. My baseband is either 4.0.2(version) or 05.13.05(modemfirmware)? first time i've had any device from apple. the fone was my fathers and he uploaded 900 odd songs for me from his computer. now i want to upload my own songs without having to erase the other songs. any help? also i cant seem to connect to either bluetooth or wifi. wifi turns on but wont detect any networks (even though we have a home broadband wireless setup). bluetooth just wont turnon at all. it just attempts to then goes back to off. HELP ME PPL PLEASE?!?!?!?
    Last edited by aussie4life; 2011-09-27 at 04:14 PM. Reason: smarter name

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The firmware version is 4.0.2 (maximum is 4.2.1) and baseband (or modem firmware) is 5.13.05.
    The 5.13.05 baseband is also unlockable (good whether needed or not), and should not be upgraded. If a restore is ever desired, use a custom firmware. This is important to remember.

When a phone is synced to a new account, apple deletes everything from the old (music, apps, etc). This occurs even if identical songs/apps exist in both iTunes accounts.

Transferring music from iPhone to computer is one of those 'sticky' little gotcha's Apple doesn't want or allow even if the music was purchased elsewhere and placed on the phone. A few alternatives floating around on the web bypass this restriction with varying results. iPhonebrowser is a good start.

To fix the WiFi problem, try Reset network settings: Settings / General / Resets / ... . This may help

Good luck.

tried that man and it didnt work. still no wifi or bluetooth. any other ideas?

Exclamation neeed help with bluetooth and wifi
    hi guys... im still having trouble with my iPhone 3G. ive tried doing all the resets avaliable on the phone and im still not able to use either of the features. just hoping someone has some ideas. thanks