Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No slider to unlock the main screen :-S

OK so I just got an iphone and i'm very new to all this, it's a 2G (old school I know) and it has 3.1.3 firmware and has been jailbroken. Today I installed an app called winterboard and downloaded some themes from cydia. When I put my theme on it worked great, but then when the screen auto locked after a minute I had a problem. There is no option for me to input my passcode or to slide to unlock. The network is still there and the signal, the time is there, the background is there also. I tried switching it off and on, and also holding the 2 buttons down to reboot the phone, but then when it switched back on there was still no way for me to get into the phone. Can anybody help with what I can do? Thanks in advance

OK I just thought maybe the slider is there but I cant see it so I tried to move my finger where the slider would be and it worked!! But now I need to know how to get the image back so that I can see what I am doing. Should I get rid of the winterboard app? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by js6426; 2011-09-23 at 07:42 AM.

Basically, themes can hide your slider. Uninstalling WinterBoard works, but you'll lose all your themes.
    The solution is to go to /Library/Themes in the iFile app and look through all the folders. Open the images and files you see and if there's anything you don't like, just delete it and respring.
    I recommend turning on iFile's Trash feature first so you can get theme files back if you change your mind about something.

Images for the slider would be in a folder called com.apple.TelephonyUI - delete any instances of this folder that you see and respring to get your slider back.

Note: If you want to uninstall a theme, use Cydia to uninstall it rather than deleting its folder, so Cydia doesn't still have the removed theme in its database of installed software.