Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm still looking for a slot...

Default I'm still looking for a slot...
    ...sounds dirty.

I haven't been able to get anyone to sell me a dev slot lately, and now it seems as though that's no longer allowed. So dang it, does anyone have one to GIVE me? That's still okay, right?

Any information anyone can give me leading to the location and procurement of a dev slot will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Well, we stopped allowing the sales of dev slots here a few months ago... Not sure who you could ask now. Sorry

OMG that did..... nt sound dirty at all

Right, SALES! But there's no problem with someone giving them away, right? ;-)

Chris

Aw that's cute. However, my Google was surprised to find me Googling that again, when I'd already just done it.

I can't tell if you object to my asking the question, but if you do, perhaps you'll reword your sticky regarding the sale of dev slots to also cover the giving away of dev slots.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Let me make this perfectly clear for you. No one on MMi can get you a dev slot anymore, paid or otherwise. Trying to be funny isn't going to change that. I gave you a perfectly good lead to getting a dev slot. Both the second and third links on that google search page can get you one. That is the extent to how we can help you here regarding dev slots. Do with it what you will.

Dang it. I was sure that if I were funny enough, you would change the rules for me.

Thanks for cluing me in on Google! I'll have to investigate this whole "search engine" thing. Is that what you call it? Am I saying that right?

I repeat that your rule as stated doesn't forbid anyone giving a slot away, so it was a fair question. And I repeat again that you might want to add that to your sticky, as not everyone who is looking for a slot will know to check here for your freak-out post with the additional rules. Try decaf.

Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Thank you for your kind suggestions, we will be adding this to the sticky about dev slots now and I will definitely look into decaf. I am happy you are going to look into google. Really is a great tool, bit of a learning curve but I am confident you will get there eventually

Rule clarafied, question answered, thread closed!