Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone going into standby with battery at 24%

Default iPhone going into standby with battery at 24%
    This has never happened before--my iphone late model 3Gs 4.2.1 with 05-15-04 FW, JB with Greenpoision some time ago, now shuts down the phone quite early-24% battery capacity. Then when restoring charge power, it takes longer than what is normal to get sufficient charge to return to operation mode at which I notice that the charge as increased to 32%.

Until the last day or so, it always would allow drain down to 5% then would come out of low battery mode at around 10% or even less. I have always used battery pro manager which seems to work normally providing maintenance charge cycles to retain max battery condition.

I don't have a data plan with AT&T so 3G and Cellular data is switched off with minimimal location services running. Still, I don't think any of these settings are related to the recent change in battery cycling. Any suggestions or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Could one of those 'battery' apps be causing it? I would test to make sure.
    Another app could cause either an operational conflict or an incorrect display.
    Depending upon your usage, the battery may need replacement.

Thanks, I suppose anything is possible that is indeed the nature of the post. The battery Pro app has been installed on this phone from the beginning, and I don't recall upgrading to 4.2.1 to initially made any difference!

Thanks again, please advise if you can think of anything else.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Could one of those 'battery' apps be causing it? I would test to make sure.
    Another app could cause either an operational conflict or an incorrect display.
    Depending upon your usage, the battery may need replacement.
    Spooky, as I said, I decoded to try that given nothing else madeich since. That was it. Installed a new version and was able to go all the way to 5%.
    thanks for that "out of the box thinking!"