Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to decipher application names listed in application folder

Default How to decipher application names listed in application folder
    Sometime last year, I came across an app that would allow you to see the real names of the application folders instead of the cryptic numbers. Pretty sure this was done while inside WinSCP.

Best I can recall, it was a program that was executed inside of WinSCP, I think. But once this program was invoked, organized all the apps with the real app names inside of another folder leaving the cryptic numbers in- changed. Can anyone point me toward that program.

I'm looking for a particular app that is installed on my phone and because the applications are are named with cryptic numbering, I can't find the application folder I am looking for.

Thanks!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

AppList and iFile include both cryptic and app names.

In iFile there are 2 decrypting options, one for song names and another for app names. Since you're probably already using iFile, try those settings

What both of them said, iFile will do you justice.

I just remembered a package that makes a shortcut to the folder, it's called AppLinks. Look it up on Cydia, run it on your springboard, hit the retry (spinny thingy) button on the bottom left. It will make shortcuts for every one of your App Store apps. This is just for if you want to find the correct app quickly on your computer. If you only need it on your iPhone/iPod just use the option in iFile.