Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Continuously Turns Off Randomly- Hardware

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Continuously Turns Off Randomly- Hardware
    This started recently after installing some new cydia tweaks and opening my phone to fix antenna connection.

I restored fresh from DFU and replaced the battery (at separate times to test). Neither has fixed the issue.

My battery terminal has a problem that may be the cause. The screw head for the screw that tightens the batter connection has come off, so the screw is still there but without a head. I have been using electrical tape (and now duct tape) to hold the connection tight. Maybe that screw is a ground or maybe the connection has a problem? Or maybe my phone isn't even turning off and the screen is just disconnecting? Ideas/ help?

Oh yeah, been with a broken headphone/volume flex for a while. Plan on replacing shortly, though shouldn't be related.

Update: my phone sat on a table all night unplugged without turning off. This morning it has turned of at least 5 times while in my pocket and while driving. Plan on disassembling this weekend to replace flex. Anything I should look at specifically??? Oh, using a gevey - maybe related?
    Last edited by sacrin007; 2011-09-15 at 08:30 AM.