Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs with apple logo loop of death

Default 3gs with apple logo loop of death
    Hi, I've jailbroke my 3GS (4.2.1) the other night with redsnow, all was going well - I got cydia on my phone, activated ultrasnow 666, then the apple logo reboot loop of death....! Since then I've been trying various other programs (snowbreeze, ireb and redsnow) and doing loads of restores/ custom restores through itunes with firmware from 4.1 to 4.3.5. I've been getting a few different error numbers, currently stuck on 1015.

Naively, I thought a jailbreak would be pretty straightforward, I've since read A LOT and realised what a can of worms I've opened and the mistakes I've made (haven't saved any SHSH files and have tried restoring firmware to 4.3.5), I'm wondering if this is what is preventing the final part of my itunes restore process. I'm at the point of thinking do i try my luck with returning my phone to apple? Any help/ advice appreciated.... Thanks

Thanks

Download tinyumbrella plug in phone on usb and run TinyUmbrella and see what shsh blobs u have for that phone. U need blobs to be able to restore to older firmware, except 4.1 and 4.3.5 currently for 3gs. In TU, I think in advanced tab, to also fetch blobs from cydia. If u have blobs for 4.2.1 u can restore to it. If not 4.1 or 4.3.5 r ur only options.. What bb do u have?

I got the bb to 06.15, the problem came about after running Sn0wbreeze, it ran forever so I turned the phone off and have been stuck since.

I haven't been able to find a download link for TU that works, I've only just got Fixrecovery before and have been having a go with that. Any ideas on decent links for TU theres a lot of crap ones out there. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks

Google TinyUmbrella....it's out there...6.15 bb huh?...well, I don't unlock so I'm probably not going to be much help...I'm sure Mes or iyeow or someone can help...TU is out there... http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

robotjames (2011-09-14)

Got tinyumbrella but unable to trace any SHSH code, as I understand that's whats holding me back. Can I still rstore iphone or do you think I'll have to wait for a fix/ new workaround to come out?