Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3 GS 32G from France

Default 3 GS 32G from France
    Brought back a 3GS and accidentally updated 4.3.5 now I get the emergency screen and it wants a sim. Tried a active AT&T sim and it tells me it is not the correct one. Any ideas on how to get to the home screen?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

4.3.5 can be jailbroken, but it's a tethered jailbreak.
    For an untethered jailbreak, 4.3.3 is the maximum.

SHSH blobs are required to restore any non-current iOS (except 2G & 3G/3GS 4.1).
    Download and run Tiny Umbrella (link below, post #1), advanced tab,
    ... check 'Request SHSH From Cydia', then Save SHSH, give it a min to finish;
    ... uncheck 'Request SHSH From Cydia', then Save SHSH, give it a min to finish.
    ... In the General tab, what SHSH blobs are displayed?

iOS 4.1 is available today and can be fully jailbroken.
    The iPad BB 6.1.5 can be used to unlock.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-09-13 at 12:50 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

sandman2 (2011-09-16)

Can I JB from the emergency call screen? I have three other 3G JB and unlocked that I use for the family with T mobile. I would like to use this phone as a iPod/pandora unit. Tiny umbrellas is not a option because it restored to 4.3.5 before I had a chance to run tiny umbrellas. I can wait for the next iOS for a JB if u guys think it will work or else I will send it back to France with my wife. Please let me know what u guys think, thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandman2 View Post
    Can I JB from the emergency call screen? ....
    4.3.5 can be jailbroken, but it's a tethered jailbreak.
    Yes. To jb your current 4.3.5, see: Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS5beta

I gave it to a friend to bring to At&t to activate under his account, is this a bad idea? All I want is a JB, don't care about the phone right now.

ATT will not be able to activate this iPhone. You said, "Tried a active AT&T sim and it tells me it is not the correct one." You need a SIM Card from the Original Carrier, which is obviously not ATT. Follow Mes advice if you want to get the iPhone working without the Original Carrier SIM Card.