Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Passcode - HELP!!

Hello all, I've been using the forum for sometime now just never registered.

I own a repairs company and fix a wide range of things and one of the main repairs is a iPhone....

I have iPhones offered to me all day long, people wanting blackberry's or upgrading to iPhone 4 or just simply wants rid. My close friend bought a phone of one of his friends who was moving to Australia... right here's were it gets tricky.

The phone is 100% not stolen in the slightest before people start throwing accusations. (apparently you're immediately guilty on the internet)

Right, Tim bought the phone of his friend (K as he's known) he phoned me and said "this phone is stuck in recovery....do you want it of me I can't be bothered with the hassle" so I paid him exactly what he paid K.

START HERE IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHER READING MY LIFE STORY

I managed to get the phone out of recovery, this took seconds... the phone is working, it's recognizing the network receiving calls etc. Typically, nothing is ever simple and it's locked! after several attempts at the typical 0000, 1234, 2580 and so on the phone become disabled... I call Tim and say "Mate, I've got the phone out of recovery. Think you could get in touch with K somehow and find out the code because it's a F**kin nightmare trying to get around it?"

K is adamant the passcode was 1436 - it's deffinately not getting recognized by the phone.

I don't need all his information or nothing and he's quite happy for me to reset everything so I think right I'll master restore it. Pop it into DFU mode and try to download the latest update for the phone and restore, every single time I restore I come back with a error 3194. The phone is not having it! the only time when it doesn't give me that error is when I try to restore to 4.1 and it says the firmware is not compatible.

Can anyone help at all please? I've been doing this ALL day and I usually only spend a hour or two on a phone max with any issue.

- Things I've tried already! -
    I've tried restoring.
    I've tried changing the "Hosts file" to bypass the 3194 error
    I've tried iFunBox and iPhoneBrowser but because I've not plugged the phone into this PC before it will not recognize the phone until I pair it with itunes which I cannot do as I do not have the passcode (well I do but it's not working)

I'm fresh out of ideas!

Thanks,
    Chris

Sorry I never mentioned - when I put it into TinyUmbrella it's saying I'm on 4.1 but the passcode bypass is not working (calling a emergency number and then powering off) Not sure what use that is, if any?
    Last edited by ChrisBR; 2011-09-08 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks

I'd try to update the iPhone to either 4.2.1 or 4.3.3 with a custom firmware using PwnageTool or sn0wbreeze. Your SHSH blobs might not be saved to allow you to restore to 4.1.

Besides, you gain a huge bunch of features by going to 4.2.1.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Thanks! scoops... I've just in the process of downloading the firmwares 4.2.1 custom and original... is it possible to just use redsn0w rather than Pwnage? I've used redsn0w before for clients and know a healthy amount about it. It's got 15 minutes to finish the download once downloaded I'll give it a go.

Thanks

If you aren't concerned about preserving the iPhone's baseband, then you can use redsn0w (0.9.6b4, I think). You could also use GreenPois0n RC5.

Oki - Update... downloaded the iPhone custom firmware and original I entered the phone in PWNED DFU mode and then went to itunes to restore to the custom firmware but received the same message "An error occured..... error 3194."

Any idea?

Thanks

I haven't had that issue before, but I found some help. Seems you can fix using TinyUmbrella or by modifying your hosts file. Fix Error 3194 when Restoring Stock / Custom Firmware iOS [iTunes Error 3194] | iPhoneHeat

Thanks for your help again mate, tried again and still nothing same issue!

Put the phone tried using tinyumbrella and changing the host file, I also removed anything to do with gs.apple.com

The phone is fully functional it just has a passcode it's so frustrating! every possible solution is a dead end!

Anything else?

Thanks

Are trying to update using a default firmware? Have you tried creating your own and selecting it for restore?

After removing host entries make sure you reboot the computer, then restore in iTunes if you are not worried about JB.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Hey, not sure how I make my own firmware?

Still get same 3194 message when restarting the computer.
    Last edited by ChrisBR; 2011-09-09 at 12:34 PM.

Why do you want to make your own FW?
    If you don't have the blobs you can only restore to the latest FW in iTunes.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Does he have Microsoft Exchange on it??? that email client requires an extra password to unlock it (his email password) which will be required at the lock screen.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks

I'm now getting iTunes error 3194 trying to update from 4.1 to either 4.2.1. or 4.3.3 using custom firmwares. I have the blobs for all firmware, yet I can't restore!!!

I wonder if it's an issue with having too high an iTunes version?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBR View Post
    Thanks for your help again mate, tried again and still nothing same issue!

Put the phone tried using tinyumbrella and changing the host file, I also removed anything to do with gs.apple.com

The phone is fully functional it just has a passcode it's so frustrating! every possible solution is a dead end!

Anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoops98 View Post
    I'm now getting iTunes error 3194 trying to update from 4.1 to either 4.2.1. or 4.3.3 using custom firmwares. I have the blobs for all firmware, yet I can't restore!!!

I wonder if it's an issue with having too high an iTunes version?
    So, I modified my host file and couldn't update. I then backed up my SHSH blobs via TinyUmbrella, ran the TSS Server and tried again. No luck. Finally, disconnected my network cable, and there you go. I was able to restore to 4.2.1! What a lot of work...