Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to prep jailbroken iPhone for sale?!

Default How to prep jailbroken iPhone for sale?!
    What is the safest way to clean all content from your iPhone 4 before selling? If the buyer wants it jailbroken, can you leave it jailbroken/unlocked and clean all of your personal data/media off it without restoring? In the event I ABSOLUTELY need to restore it as a new phone how would I jailbreak the newest firmware because there is no jailbreak that is released for it. I would not be able to retain my unlock via ultrasn0w on the phone; I assume if I had to go that route... I hope to hear from you guys soon. Thank you for your time and consideration.

restore is the best, safest way. Just restore to the custom firmware your on now... let the next guy worry about updating to the latest firmware

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Paulie b (2011-09-08)

I thought I would not be able to restore to the custom firmware because Apple stopped signing signatures for older firmware. In no way do I have the intention of updating to the latest firmware to even begin with. I completely agree I am going to leave that for the buyer to handle.

Your shsh blobs are saved so you are fine to restore to a custom ipsw and use tiny umbrella as a TSS server when running the restore.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Paulie b (2011-09-08)

Thank you for the heads up. Is there a thread where I can find these specified instructions? This would be great if I would be able to pull this off. I am responsible for selling a bunch of jailbroken iPhones before/while the 5 comes out. Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Yeah there is a thread stickies actually I'll get you a link in a second

Good thing I did not hold my breath, just kidding! I appreciate all the help. I hope I will be able to figure out what to do when I see what is posted as per the instructions to follow. I have to do this to multiple iPhones for my friends so that they will be able to securely erase their information and dump their phone as well. Obviously our concern is to maintain the jailbreak/unlocks we have. Thank you again everyone!

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

here it is dude i am sorry i was going to send it when i got to work but i swamped today with crazy old people

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Paulie b (2011-09-12)