Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes could not back up iPhone because the backup could not be saved on the computer

Default iTunes could not back up iPhone because the backup could not be saved on the computer
    I never had this problem before.

I have been getting this error message for days now and i have goggled my heart out and cannot fix it.

I tried this and no luck.

please help.

Also, when i tried to move my backups (only 2) to my desktop, in case i needed them, one moved fine but the second backup one said a certain file couldnt be moved because it was in use by another program. It moved without that file, but the file is still in the backup folder...its not empty. There are no other programs running so i dont know what to close.

please help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

delete (or make a copy in a safe location) any old backups and try again. corrupt backups cause this issue.

edit: i re read. make a copy somewhere first, then delete the backup through iTunes. if that doesnt work delete itunes, then delete files then re-intstal itunes.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    delete (or make a copy in a safe location) any old backups and try again. corrupt backups cause this issue.

edit: i re read. make a copy somewhere first, then delete the backup through iTunes. if that doesnt work delete itunes, then delete files then re-intstal itunes.
    solved/