Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi Staff's Top 10 Cydia Tweaks

I have a feeling that the "staff" doesn't even have jailbroken phones! How else can 5 of the best, most popular and useful tweaks out there not even make the top 10?? Lockinfo, Springtomize, the Infini... tweaks, ColorKeyboard, and if you dont have AppSlide, you're really missing out!!

And no mention of SMS+, CallBar, Notifier+, BytaFont, Copic, or FreeSync either? seriously?!?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It's a top 10 of small number of people. Obviously there are gonna be some that are left out
    That's where the rest of you have come in.

+1 if I was to take one of the ones I posted out and put in one like lockinfo people would complain that I took out wasn't their.
    If you guys saw the list of cydia tweaks all the mods gave me it would be the top 100. It wasn't easy doing the 10 but I wasn't going to write a novel on the top 100

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    ... I wasn't going to write a novel on the top 100

With just the stock repos or add all of the crazy little ones too?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

This has been good thread I got me some tweaks didn't know they had

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    Really dumb question, but that's me and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've been using SBSettings for a couple of years, but have never used it to clear memory? Can you explain how and what that does a little more. Is it like clearing cache? Are you freeing up RAM by closing apps?

Thanks in advanced and what's up with StealhBravo?? He hasn't tweeted in weeks. Hope all is well.
    Use the 'Processes' tab.

Holy crap! CyDelete is something I've been wanting, but I never knew it existed!

Thanks for this post!

Here are some other gems that I love:

1. Alphacon-- Allows you to change icon opacity.

2. Activator-- there are many things that can be done with this. I use it to add an iOS 5 style camera icon to my lock screen, and to turn my LED light on with a double tap of the lock button. This may have been a paid app, but I don't recall.

3. Folder Enhancer-- This makes folders the way they should have been from the beginning. Apple should buy this and integrate it! I am able to put as many apps as I want into folders, and scroll through them. It cost me 299 pennies, and it is worth every one of them!

4. Various Video Game Emulators-- By themselves, they are a novelty that wears out fast, but in conjunction with my iControlPad, which adds physical gaming buttons, they are amazing!

5. Five Icon Dock

What the hell? I can't manage to post individual posts... It keeps adding them together!
    Last edited by TheConfuzed1; 2011-09-07 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    Really dumb question, but that's me and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've been using SBSettings for a couple of years, but have never used it to clear memory? Can you explain how and what that does a little more. Is it like clearing cache? Are you freeing up RAM by closing apps?

Thanks in advanced and what's up with StealhBravo?? He hasn't tweeted in weeks. Hope all is well.
    Whenever your phone starts to lag while changing pages or opening apps, you can always clear the memory in sbsettings and after 5 secs. It gets smoother and no lag or very lil lag. Hope you will find a difference

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice list.But I donīt like Barrel. I tested on many versions, but never get it work. Maybe a conflict with another app.my favs are PKGBackup, PerPageHTML+, iScheduler, Multicleaner, Celeste, Fake Operator, InfiniBoard, MultiIconMover and PhotoAlbumsPlus and some more Mobile Substrate Tweaks vor Weather and Information

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrElectrifyer View Post
    LOL, already use all the ones I like out of those 10

You sure you were backing up with the LATEST version, there usually is a compatibility issue between old backups and later versions of the program

After experiencing that once, I barely ever did a backup without ensuring it was up to date and after doing the backup, always ensure to check the restore tab, that way you'll know weather or not the backup was successful With all that in mind, I've never had another problem with it
    Well I did notice that there were dates listed BEFORE the restore but not after within the app.
    What can I do now to get to my backups?
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=tdaniels17;6222999]
    (3) REMOVE 'mywi'

I have been using mywi for over a year on my unlimited plan. I got one call months ago and told the rep I stream netflix allot, plus GPS ect.... Have not been bothered since and I use Mywi allot. I have licenses for both PDAnet and Mywi and they are both good but mywi has more features. PDNet has a hide usage feature but I am not sure how well it works since I was using PDANet when I got the call. The worst case you will have to uninstall it, but you will have a warning.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My favorite Cydia Apps,Tweaks,ModsareAction MenuAction Menu Plus PackActivatorAniconsAnimateBiteSMS (Must have)BoltCallBarCydeleteDreamBoardFakeClockUpiFile ********************EnablerMutiCleanerMultiIconMov erMultitasking Time 2MyWiMyWi OnDemandPandoraSkipsPasscode Lock PreventionPasswordPilotRunning IndicatorSafari Download ManagerSBSetting *MUST*ScrollingBoardSlideAwaySMSFlooder *Very fun to use!*TapClockInfoWiFi BoosterWifiSMSWinterBoardAlphabetical order not in best to eh.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-09-08 at 07:17 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome thread! Thanks. For those that complained its just a sample and opinions. Lock Info is great, but believe it or not there are people out there that don't care about their lock screen so to them it's not a great tweak.Personally I prefer PDA Net to MyWi, but I'm pretty sure I'm in minority. The 7 I can't go without are
    1) Activator - my iPhone 4 Home button fails way too often. There are days that if I didn't have slide in from bottom act like a Home button press that my iPhone 4 would be usless. Thus, it's #1 for me.
    2) SBSettings
    3) iFile
    4) pdaNet
    5) BiteSMS
    6) Winteboard
    7) FlashCam - I use this a lot when putting my kids to bed and once or twice it's been the difference in me catching a great pic or vid.

BTW, no one answered what's happened to StealthBravo?
    Last edited by iphone4idiots; 2011-09-08 at 08:23 PM.

Stealthbravo had to take a break from modmyi his business is booming and is way to busy right now. He should be back in the winter when his business slows down. He still keeps in contact with a lot of us but he hasnt posted in public forums in a while

I'm using MultiWall, DreamSound, SoundBoard, IconHTML, DockHide and a few others :P
    But I'm sure u guys aren't familiar with those...

This is a good idea. However, I feel like just about every single one of those apps is in a "Top 10" list already.. I just wish we could get a little diversity by now. I mean any avid jailbreaker out there has pretty much heard about all of these apps before. I'm in no way trying to deface this article, just voice my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionkid7 View Post
    I can suggest:

1. PwnTunes
    2. PhotoAlbums+
    3. 3G Unrestrictor
    4. Wraparound
    5. Homescreen Settings
    6. VoiceActivator
    7. MyWi
    8. ChatPic
    9. Cyntact
    10. Dimmer
    11. DisplayOut
    12. Mail Enhancer
    13. Locktopus
    14. PhotoMail
    15. IntelliScreen
    16. YourTube
    17. AndroidLock XT (incompatible with intelliscreen)
    18. Activator is auto-installed with Sbsettings, but worth mentioning. Swipe Down on Status Bar to lock/unlock and close app in-app.
    This is a great list. I own/have most of those if not all of them already, but I'm really glad that someone else out there can put out a unique list.

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    I'm using MultiWall, DreamSound, SoundBoard, IconHTML, DockHide and a few others :P
    Bump

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    Hmmm I cant find DockHide.
    Is it for all or iPh4 which I have?

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Hmmm I cant find DockHide.
    Is it for all or iPh4 which I have?

Thanks
    It's not out :P

How about:
    - anyattach: let's you attach any file to an email
    - attachment saver: let's you save email attachments
    - safari download manager: let's you save any internet file you come across when browsing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast