Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on bootloop after erasing data

Default Stuck on bootloop after erasing data
    Hi Guys,

New member here. Never really post much, just tend to read a lot. Need a bit of help as im a bit stuck and cant find what im looking for.

Ive got a iphone 4 (gsm) which is on ios 4.1 Now yesterday I tried erasing all data and now the phones stuck on and endless boot loop. Ive read that its not possible to erase all data on jailbroken iphones and thats why its on the endless boot. If only i knew that before hand

Now my question is i want to restore this but i know if i plug it into itunes it will only allow me to restore upto 4.3.5 which I dont want to do. I want to keep it at 4.1 or if possible upgrade to 4.3.3 without upgrading the baseband as i want to be able to unlock the phone.

Now im sure i saved the 4.1 shsh's on cydia but when I run tiny umbrella on my desktop i cannot see them listed. However I have another iphone 4 which is on 4.3.3 and I have saved the shsh blobs for that.

My question is what can i do now? I dont want to update to 4.3.5, would prefer to upgrade to 4.3.3 without changing the baseband. Please advise....

Thanks

Are u unlocked now?....if u load iPad bb you will break gps functionality...just so u know......u should download and run TinyUmbrella. Put phone in DFU mode and run TU to see what shsh blobs u have...since u say it was previously jb'd then I would think u would have them from at least 4.1....anyway I don't unlock so beyond this, I won't be able to help much...good luck.

Its currently jailbroken on 4.1. I dont think its unlocked. But id prefer to keep it on 4.1 or 4.3.3 with an unlockable baseband if possible. Ive tried running the tss server and trying to restore to 4.1 but it doenst let me, comes up with an error which i think is 1004

Just to update, ive managed to somehow restore it to 4.1. Phone is now on firmware 4.1 fresh, no jailbreak or anything. Read various different guides after getting so many errors like 1600, 1604, 3194 and others. twice it went through the motions and itunes said it was restoring the phone software but would come up with an error at the end and the phone would stay in dfu mode. By chance i hit the fix recovery button on TU and it booted the phone back up.

Now my second question is can i upgrade to 4.3.3? I dont mind if the baseband changes as im waiting for my carrier to unlock for me. Unfortunately i dont have the 4.3.3 shs's for this phone as its never seen 4.3.3. However I do have the shsh blobs saved for my other iphone on 4.3.3. Can i use these shsh blobs to upgarde this phone to 4.3.3?

Thanks for your help xboxml

Thanks

No prob....but actually no, u can't use blobs from another phone...device specific! If u go ahead and just run TU on the other phone just to see what blobs u have, u never know..u might get lucky...

awww bugger. Uve confirmed what I didnt want to hear . Ive only got 4.3.5 and above saved for that phone.

Thanks

Yeah...ur sol...sorry. Nothing but tethered jb on that ver. I don't see any more untethered jb on ver 4. iOS 5 coming out soon...have to wait...

what a bugger! Thank you for your help though, ive managed to get it working on 4.1. Guess il have to wait till ios 5.0 comes out with a untethered jailbreak. In the mean time I will pursue my carrier to get them to unlock it.

You must have your shsh saved if you can restore to 4.1 on iPhone 4. Apple is still signing 4.1 on 3GS but not iPhone 4. Have you tried requesting shsh from cydia in the TU settings?

Thanks

Ooooo I missed that! Yeah, not ip4...sorry I thought he was talkin about 3GS..