Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 battery life just went down. A LOT

Default iPhone 4 battery life just went down. A LOT
    I have a JB factory unlocked iPhone 4 32gb with 4.3.1 which is about 1 year old now.
    Today I noticed that my battery went from 100% to 10% in less than 12 hours, witohut actually using the phone at all. Usually that would take 2-3 days if not used.
    I made rebooted it and made sure nothing is running in the background/wifi off.
    My brother's iPhone 4 on 4.3.2 did the same thing around 3 weeks ago and now his battery drains very quick also.

Is there a fix for this or is the battery just terrible after 1 year?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Make sure ya Bluetooth is off when not using it keep ya locations set to a low usage and alarm clock all those seem to drain the battery good i been playin on my phone for two hours and I'm down to 80% not bad I guess

Never use bluetooth so its always off. But before yesterday I could leave the phone locked for like 12 hours and lose 2-5% battery not 80%

Thanks

Your location services do you have alot on in there?

Yup have a few. I just switched it off to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks

It may gonna have to see

Thanks. Will update in a while with the results

Thanks

Ya welcome hope it helps

Thanks
    My battery on my 3GS (iOS 4.3.5) has never been that good, maybe 12 hrs from 100% to 20%. On my 3G I think it was better, I keep location services on, on 3G , and I use wireless at home although Bluetooth is always off.

I think that shorter battery life is due to the faster processor speed of the 3GS. My device was JB until I upgraded to 4.3.5, and I just let it unjailbrake, again no difference to battery life. All I do is at work stuff it in a dock, in the car use a car charger at recharge at night once a month run it down to 20% then fully charge it. I think too much fuss is made about Battery life these are smartphones that do a bunch of stuff and no wonder they eat up battery life

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Jolin View Post
    My battery on my 3GS (iOS 4.3.5) has never been that good, maybe 12 hrs from 100% to 20%. On my 3G I think it was better, I keep location services on, on 3G , and I use wireless at home although Bluetooth is always off.

I think that shorter battery life is due to the faster processor speed of the 3GS. My device was JB until I upgraded to 4.3.5, and I just let it unjailbrake, again no difference to battery life. All I do is at work stuff it in a dock, in the car use a car charger at recharge at night once a month run it down to 20% then fully charge it. I think too much fuss is made about Battery life these are smartphones that do a bunch of stuff and no wonder they eat up battery life
    yes my 3GS was doing exact same thing so I just accepted that. But once I bought the 4 and the battery has been 10x better than 3GS for about 1 year, then all of a sudden it got crap. So something must have happened to cause that.

Thanks
    As both IP4s have the same symptoms I doubt it would be a Battery after 1 Year. I would go the route of something running in the background, Email apps are a culprit ( MSExchange gmail) sometimes. have you tried a restore with itunes ( you will have to re jailbrake again).
    I should imagine this is a IOS issue, also both IP4s with the same thing occuring, is there a connecton between the two

As both IP4s have the same symptoms I doubt it would be a Battery after 1 Year. I would go the route of something running in the background, Email apps are a culprit ( MSExchange gmail) sometimes. have you tried a restore with itunes ( you will have to re jailbrake again).
    I should imagine this is a IOS issue, also both IP4s with the same thing occuring, is there a connecton between the two
    Nothing in the background since I did not add anything in the last few weeks so it might be some strange data services draining it.
    I was going to put 4.3.5 but since there's no untethered JB for that I won't bother.

Thanks
    Are you running IOS 4.3.3,

I'm pretty sure this is an issue with this version, I've seen posts about this IOS involving signal and battery issues.

I think this will be a case of trial and error, but I would point at the IOS not the battery.

Thanks

I'm on 4.3.3 and my battery don't drain that quick and I'm on it all day

Thanks
    Well some-people have reported issues with signal strength and battery drain. I was JB on 4.3.3 and never had any issues. As I said its a case of trial and error.

Thanks

IOS 5 will be out soon hopefully it will be better

I'm on 4.3.1 not 4.3.3
    Last edited by sd_dracula; 2011-09-03 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks
    To suddenly start draining like this must be something running, or something like a intermittent signal? Causing the device to search a lot a battery would have become noticeable, and the IP4 battery is good for an IPhone I'm going to google this I'm intrigued now.

I've found an article in a site about this " intomobile" I googled iPhone 4 IOS 4.3.1 battery life, it was the first to come up on page
    Last edited by Alan Jolin; 2011-09-03 at 10:51 PM.

To suddenly start draining like this must be something running, or something like a intermittent signal? Causing the device to search a lot a battery would have become noticeable, and the IP4 battery is good for an IPhone I'm going to google this I'm intrigued now.

I've found an article in a site about this " intomobile" I googled iPhone 4 IOS 4.3.1 battery life, it was the first to come up on page
    I turned on plane mode and and after 10 hours standby it's still at 100%
    Will see if when it's on as usual will it last the same.

Thanks

Wow thats cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast