Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4 battery life just went down. A LOT

  1. #1
    Default iPhone 4 battery life just went down. A LOT
    I have a JB factory unlocked iPhone 4 32gb with 4.3.1 which is about 1 year old now.
    Today I noticed that my battery went from 100% to 10% in less than 12 hours, witohut actually using the phone at all. Usually that would take 2-3 days if not used.
    I made rebooted it and made sure nothing is running in the background/wifi off.
    My brother's iPhone 4 on 4.3.2 did the same thing around 3 weeks ago and now his battery drains very quick also.

    Is there a fix for this or is the battery just terrible after 1 year?

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Make sure ya Bluetooth is off when not using it keep ya locations set to a low usage and alarm clock all those seem to drain the battery good i been playin on my phone for two hours and I'm down to 80% not bad I guess

  3. #3
    Never use bluetooth so its always off. But before yesterday I could leave the phone locked for like 12 hours and lose 2-5% battery not 80%

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Your location services do you have alot on in there?

  5. #5
    Yup have a few. I just switched it off to see if it makes any difference.

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    It may gonna have to see

  7. #7
    Thanks. Will update in a while with the results

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Ya welcome hope it helps

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak? Alan Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My battery on my 3GS (iOS 4.3.5) has never been that good, maybe 12 hrs from 100% to 20%. On my 3G I think it was better, I keep location services on, on 3G , and I use wireless at home although Bluetooth is always off.

    I think that shorter battery life is due to the faster processor speed of the 3GS. My device was JB until I upgraded to 4.3.5, and I just let it unjailbrake, again no difference to battery life. All I do is at work stuff it in a dock, in the car use a car charger at recharge at night once a month run it down to 20% then fully charge it. I think too much fuss is made about Battery life these are smartphones that do a bunch of stuff and no wonder they eat up battery life

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Jolin View Post
    My battery on my 3GS (iOS 4.3.5) has never been that good, maybe 12 hrs from 100% to 20%. On my 3G I think it was better, I keep location services on, on 3G , and I use wireless at home although Bluetooth is always off.

    I think that shorter battery life is due to the faster processor speed of the 3GS. My device was JB until I upgraded to 4.3.5, and I just let it unjailbrake, again no difference to battery life. All I do is at work stuff it in a dock, in the car use a car charger at recharge at night once a month run it down to 20% then fully charge it. I think too much fuss is made about Battery life these are smartphones that do a bunch of stuff and no wonder they eat up battery life
    yes my 3GS was doing exact same thing so I just accepted that. But once I bought the 4 and the battery has been 10x better than 3GS for about 1 year, then all of a sudden it got crap. So something must have happened to cause that.

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak? Alan Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As both IP4s have the same symptoms I doubt it would be a Battery after 1 Year. I would go the route of something running in the background, Email apps are a culprit ( MSExchange gmail) sometimes. have you tried a restore with itunes ( you will have to re jailbrake again).
    I should imagine this is a IOS issue, also both IP4s with the same thing occuring, is there a connecton between the two

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Jolin View Post
    As both IP4s have the same symptoms I doubt it would be a Battery after 1 Year. I would go the route of something running in the background, Email apps are a culprit ( MSExchange gmail) sometimes. have you tried a restore with itunes ( you will have to re jailbrake again).
    I should imagine this is a IOS issue, also both IP4s with the same thing occuring, is there a connecton between the two
    Nothing in the background since I did not add anything in the last few weeks so it might be some strange data services draining it.
    I was going to put 4.3.5 but since there's no untethered JB for that I won't bother.

  13. #13
    What's Jailbreak? Alan Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Are you running IOS 4.3.3,

    I'm pretty sure this is an issue with this version, I've seen posts about this IOS involving signal and battery issues.

    I think this will be a case of trial and error, but I would point at the IOS not the battery.

  14. #14
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    I'm on 4.3.3 and my battery don't drain that quick and I'm on it all day

  15. #15
    What's Jailbreak? Alan Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well some-people have reported issues with signal strength and battery drain. I was JB on 4.3.3 and never had any issues. As I said its a case of trial and error.

  16. #16
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    IOS 5 will be out soon hopefully it will be better

  17. #17
    I'm on 4.3.1 not 4.3.3
    Last edited by sd_dracula; 2011-09-03 at 10:42 PM.

  18. #18
    What's Jailbreak? Alan Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    To suddenly start draining like this must be something running, or something like a intermittent signal? Causing the device to search a lot a battery would have become noticeable, and the IP4 battery is good for an IPhone I'm going to google this I'm intrigued now.

    I've found an article in a site about this " intomobile" I googled iPhone 4 IOS 4.3.1 battery life, it was the first to come up on page
    Last edited by Alan Jolin; 2011-09-03 at 10:51 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Jolin View Post
    To suddenly start draining like this must be something running, or something like a intermittent signal? Causing the device to search a lot a battery would have become noticeable, and the IP4 battery is good for an IPhone I'm going to google this I'm intrigued now.

    I've found an article in a site about this " intomobile" I googled iPhone 4 IOS 4.3.1 battery life, it was the first to come up on page
    I turned on plane mode and and after 10 hours standby it's still at 100%
    Will see if when it's on as usual will it last the same.

  20. #20
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Wow thats cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •