Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mega Contact Loss!! Please Help!

Exclamation Mega Contact Loss!! Please Help!
    Okay so my dad got a iPhone 4 to replace his 3GS back in May. They synced the 3GS at the AT&T store and transferred his contacts to the iPhone 4. He gave the 3GS to me, which I promptly restored and jailbroke. Today, he synced his iPhone 4 to his work computer and the iPhone was switched to as it was back in November 2010! iTunes didn't backup his iPhone for some strange reason. He lost literally 100's of contacts. His phone contains over 2,500 contacts so it's very important. We have a backup from the day he bought the iPhone here at home. We will sync it to the May 31 backup hopefully restoring half of his contacts. However, he still has many important and highly valuable contacts, emails, and various data from before.

Long story short, is there any way to revert to the most recent (as in today's) format?
    Thanks and God Bless,
    T.I.M

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'll need a backup saved by iTunes. I don't believe there is any way to retrieve lost data that occured with syncing.

I mean I may be wrong (someone correct me if I am) but I'm almost certain. The original backup he has saved is probably the closest thing to getting anything back.

Just remember, a lesson learned, always create a backup manually before doing any syncing just in case.