Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Callers cant hear me

Default Callers cant hear me
    what happens is I can hear the caller and everything seems fine on my end, but the person im talking to can never hear me on incoming & outgoing calls.

I think it could be hardware related because I did a white>black conversion... but it was working fine before for at least 3 months before this began.....

BUT everything else on my phone requiring the mic works fine. I can use voice dial, I can record a message for my voicemail, recording video gives me sound, I can record voice memos, FaceTime calls even give me voice..... so maybe its software. But updating my firmware didn't fix it... I guess ill try to go without jb and see...

I had a similar issue... After weeks of searching and testing different things, nothing worked. So I had Apple replace it.
    I said similar because I didn't do a conversion.

Thanks for the response. I'm convinced its gotta be software related because I've now noticed that sometimes people can hear me and I've had a few 5+ minute calls work, and then it will just cut out.

I don't know whats worse, not being able to use the phone or the fact that pretty much everyone who calls me knows my situation now but still feels the need to ask if I can hear them a million times. how the hell am I gonna answer back when my mics not working. herp derp. It's brutal. Then the mic works for all these stupid things that I never use like voice memo and voice dial. It's so maddening I could KMS.

/rant. I need an iPhone 5.
    Last edited by kadernal; 2011-09-02 at 06:00 PM.

Yeah, same here. Sometimes they could hear me, them bam it would cut out. I would bang my iPhone on my desk and then it would work again. That would make it a hardware issue or some type of loose wire....
    I would convert it back to the stock housing and return it to Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    That would make it a hardware issue or some type of loose wire....
    I would convert it back to the stock housing and return it to Apple

Thats what I thought. but why do all the other apps work with the mic? I recorded 10 minute video at the beach near my house durring irene and I have full audio. its insane. I will be swapping back, just trying to avoid spending the time doing it.

thanks for the input.

Try using the earphones that came with the iPhone. Let me know if that works. I tried and it didn't help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

A restore should fix the problem

Tried that too iYeow. But my problem may have been different then the op's.
    I tried everything, even posted the question here after my searching failed.

Oh I see your point iYeow. If it's a software issue, then a simple restore will fix the problem. Others wise it's a hardware issue.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2011-09-02 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Correct, Mr. Broomie Fastest way.